Court

Veneer woke up the next morning and knew that it would be the last time he would wake up in his cell. He got ready for the day, which entailed combing his hair and brushing his teeth. He went out to the yard to await his trial. 

When he heard his name get called he jumped up. He was so ready to get out of here. He walked over to the office and went up to the desk. 

"Head over to the door and there will be a guard waiting with a car." 

"Thank you!" Veneer was beyond excited at this point. 

Although the car ride was only 10 minutes, it felt like forever. When they finally arrived at the court, Veneer jumped out of the car and walked inside. They lead him inside to the court room. 

Veneer was nervous, but he knew that they wouldn't be taking him back to court if he hadn't been good. So how bad could it be? 

Veneer thought that the judge looked nice, so that made him feel better. He was lead to a table. After looking back at the audience, he saw that Kid Ritz was sitting there. 

Veneer thought that this was weird. Why would he be here? He must just need some content for his show, yah that must be it. Veneer found it hard to believe himself though. 

He must have been staring because Kid Ritz caught his eye. Veneer quickly turned back around, blushing. 

The judge started to talk "Order in the court. We are here today because Veneer's sentence might be getting cut short because lets be real here, he didn't really do anything. I mean, if we should have sentenced anyone it should have been that Crimp lady. Oh, that reminds me, if you see her you should report her because she has been avoiding the police for two months. But back to Veneer, so because you didn't do like anything, you're free to go." 

Veneer didn't know what to think. Everyone in the crowd started to cheer and all Veneer could think to do was smile. He felt bad that they just let him go, but made Velvet stay. He knew that she deserved it, but he still felt bad. 

He stood up and walked out of the room. He walked into the bathroom to try to figure everything out. How would he do anything without Velvet? How would he do anything, he didn't have a job or anyone to stay with? 

Veneer opened the bathroom door and took a deep breath. He just looked in the mirror and continued to breath. Suddenly, the door opened. Veneer started to act like he was just washing his hands. 

"Well, that was pretty awkward." Said the mysterious person 

Veneer recognized this voice, it was Kid Ritz. Veneer felt better because at least it wasn't a total stranger. "Yah." 

Kid Ritz's face dropped "What's wrong?"   

It felt good that someone finally asked him that. "Oh, nothing. There's just alot happening, ya'know?" 

"I can imagine. But if you need anything, here's this." Ritz handed Veneer a small piece of paper with some writing. 

"Okay... thanks!" Veneer could tell that he was blushing. Veneer left the bathroom with a huge smile on his face.