Part 7

It's has been a day since Adeline and Jacob had spent time together. It seemed like Bella was getting worse by every hour that Edward doesn't talk to her. And to be honest it was driving Adeline crazy. Adeline was trying to be sympathetic but honestly her moping around is tiring, and it's only been one day. Adeline couldn't imagine if Bella was like this for months. 

Adeline was in her room doing some extra credit work for school when Charlie knocked on her door. Adeline writes up one last thing before looking up at her Dad. "What's up?" 

Charlie leans on her door frame. "Have you seen Bella?"

Adeline stay quiet for a second thinking. "Um, no. Not sense she dropped me off at school. At the end of the school day she was gone before I could take a step out of the school. I assumed that Edward finally talked to her or something."

Charlie shrugs. "She just left you? It's been 5 hours since school ended and she not answering any of my texts. And her truck is on the drivway."

Adeline sighs and looks for her phone. "I can try and text her. She probably won't answer, have you called anyone?" Charlie shakes his head no. "Ok you call Billy, and I can call Jessica." Charlie nods his head and leaves to grab the phone to call Billy. 

Adeline sighs and finally finds her phone and dails Jessica number. "Hello?" Jessica confused voice answers the call after just a couple of rings. 

"Hey, Jessica, it's Adeline. I was just wondering if you've seen Bella? She hasn't answered the phone in a couple of hours."

"No, I haven't, sorry." Jessica answers after been quiet for a second. Charlie comes back and stands in Adelines doorway. Adeline rises her eyebrow to silently asking if Billy knew where Bella was, Charlie shakes his head no. 

"Ok, thanks anyway, I'll see you tomorrow." Adeline waits for Jessica to say bye before ended the call. "Jessica hasn't seen her either."

Charlie sighs and runs his hands over his face. "I'm going to call a couple of guys and see if we can find her." 

(<><><>)

It's been a couple of more hours and now completely dark outside with no word of Bella. There is now a full blown search party out for Bella. Everyone was in the street or yard in front of the Swan house. Adeline was standing next to her dad who was checking his phone once more when Jacob speed walks next to her. 

"Adeline." Jacob gets her attention as he now stands by her side. It's doesn't even take a second for Adeline to wrap her arms around him and buries her head in his chest. Even though Adeline doesn't get along with her sister all that much she is still every worried for Bella. Adeline wanted to find Bella herself and try and smell her out but Charlie wouldn't let her leave his sights. 

Charlie starts pointing places on the map that's laying on the hood of his cop car and talking about where everyone is going to look next. Jacob takes a look at the tree line and sees Bella in Sam Uleys arms. "Charlie." When Charlie looks at him, Jacob points at the pair. Adeline sighs in relief, leans into Jacob who wraps his arm around her shoulders and pulls her close to him. Charlie runs to Sam and takes Bella from him. 

Jacob stays over while Charlie and Adeline take care of an unconscious Bella. After Bella is tucked into bed, Adeline and Jacob sit on the couch together while Charlie goes upstairs to find a blanket for Jacob. But when Charlie comes down stairs he sees that Adeline and Jacob are cuddled up and sleeping. Charlie smiles and carefully throws the blanket over the two of them and turns off the light as he walks back up the stairs.