Part 8

The Cullens left town about a month ago and Bella has been miserable ever since. But that doesn't mean she won't stop at making everyone else miserable with her. Right now, Adeline is cuddled up in a blanket sitting on the floor next to Jacob who is working on the Rabbit. Adeline showed up at his house in a bit of a bad mood because Bella just yelled at her for laughing at a joke Jessica said while Adeline was on the phone with her. Not only was Adeline upset with Bella for yelling at her for no real reason, but she was also upset because it was embarrassing for her, Adeline didn't have to hang up the phone before Bella started yelling, so Jessica heard everything. Adeline hung up the phone with a quick bye before talking back to Bella, saying that she has no reason to be mad. Bella basically said that since she's not happy Adeline shouldn't be either and that Adeline was being so rude for not thinking about Bella. Bella didn't get the chance to say anymore before Adeline left the room and walked to Jacob's house. 

Billy was on the to open the door after she knocked on it and was a little surprised that Adeline was here but let her in and said that Jacob was in the garage. Adeline walked quickly to the garage, wanting to be near Jacob. Jacob was confused of why Adeline was at his house, but he wasn't complaining. When he saw the blank look on her face he quickly moves in and hugs her tightly, asking her what was bothering her. Adeline leaned her forehead on his chest, resting her head on the upper area of his chest, so she can feel and hear the fast beat of his heart. After telling Jacob everything that had happened at her home before she lifts her head from his chest. Adeline frowns when she notices the look on Jacob's face, she didn't really know what that look meant. Did he think that Bella was in the wrong? Did he think that she was in the wrong? Could have Adeline dealt with the situation better? Was she in the wrong? 

"You walked all the way from your house to here?" Jacob voice breaks Adeline from her train of thought. 

Adeline nods her head. "Yes, and you right," Adeline states thinking she knows what Jacob is thinking. "I should have stayed there and made sure she was alright or something, maybe try and play a card game," Adeline starts to ramble on thinking of all the things she could have done 'better' "or do something else and try and make her happy, maybe-" 

Jacob grabs on to Adeline's arms, not tightly but enough to get her attention. "No Adeline," Jacob sighs and brings his hand to Adeline's face and pushes a piece of hair behind her ear, his fingers gently brushing against her temple to the shape of her ear. "I glad you left the house, you shouldn't have to stay there with her. I upset that you walked by yourself for about an hour to get to my house, it dangerous out there, Nayeli." Jacob rests his hand on her cheek, causing her to close her eyes and lean into his hand. 

"Hm, I'm sorry, but I'm here and I'm safe."

Jacob sighs and kisses her forehead. "Thank you for being safe, I don't know what I'll do if your hurt."

Author Notes- Sooo, I tried and using google search and I don't believe it's telling me the truth, but what do I know, nothing, I know nothing. I according to google "Nayeli" means My Love in Quileute but if it doesn't and if google lied to me, please let me know.