Stolen Item

>>Seraphina

"What is wrong with me?" He raised his brow at me, "There are many things wrong with me." His voice was slow, with a mischievous tone.

I was surprised at that, did he just joke around? "I mean, what's wrong with your health?" I still clarified my question even though I knew he knew what I was asking.

He smirked, "That's a secret." I frowned, "But I'm going to work on the cure. So when I say I'm fine, I am fine." His voice held no anger now and he talked calmly.

"Okay..." I can't really argue with that, if he says he's fine, I have to believe him, but on my half, seeing all that for the first time was terrifying, "Sorry," I said and he looked at me, "I got scared. Looking at the blood and your situation got me in a panic."

His gaze lowered, "It's alright, I'm sorry I yelled."

His apology brought a soft smile to my face. There was nothing much behind it, but it just made me feel nice. It's the second time he has apologized, maybe he's not as bad as I thought he would be.

Silence filled the place and Azef simply closed his eyes with his head still on my lap. I couldn't really ask him to move, I was the one who put his head on myself but my legs were getting a little itchy.

Oh! I hope they don't fall asleep! I hate that feeling!!

I stared at Azef and then wondered if this is how he actually is. Does he normally act nicely and joke around? Or is the part where he's angry most of the time the real him?

I wonder, was he acting so rudely since the start because he was angry all the time because of my dad? He did say dad stole from him. That didn't come as a surprise, dad is perfectly capable of doing that. But I wonder what it was that he stole.

"Um," I started, "Sir?"

"Hm?"

"I want to ask a question." I said,

"Ask," He didn't open his eyes, he seemed to be at ease. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to move. The position must be comfortable for him.

"What is it that my father stole from you?"

He didn't answer me right away. He seemed to be thinking about what to say to me. I didn't ask him again and waited for him to speak on his own.

"He was supposed to make a delivery."

"Delivery? What kind of delivery?"

"A cash delivery." Oh! "He was given a suitcase full of bills, but he ran away with it."

"Oh, but, um, " Our voices were soft, "Why give a third party so much money to deliver?" A cash delivery? They can't just do transactions online??

He let out a chuckle, it was like he was making fun of me. Did I ask something funny? "For a transaction the police shouldn't know about." But he still answered my question. Or well, he gave me an answer that would make sense to me.

"Oh," And that did make sense.

Of course!

If I just used my brain, I would know that! He's from the mafia, so it's obvious they do illegal things that the government shouldn't be able to track! And so third parties are hired for deliveries like this.

God... I must be low on sleep. It's a very basic question.

"Was that delivery very important?"

"It was, and because of your father, we missed something even more important that we were going to buy." I see. So it was going to be a secret transaction. "But aside from that-" He opened his eyes.