Chapter 18

"Woah wait Dad, I am only 22 years old. I can't possibly marry at this age"

"Mayank you are not understanding my child. Naman committed suicide so now both us and Mr Tendulkar's company is at stake. If both our companies won't merge then we wouldn't be able to clear up the mess of scandal he caused. No matter how hard we will try the media will still not stop. This is the only way to get out of this mess." His dad sighed.

Mayank had just came back from Mumbai. His dad proposed him to marry Sara Tendulkar.

"Please Mayank, this is the only way to get out of this. Otherwise both ours and Tendulkar's enterprise will be in danger. We are already in brink of bankruptcy and what if our investors also back away because of everyone knowing our shady side of business?"

Mayank sighed biting his lip.

"But why is Tendulkar wiling to marry his daughter to me?"

"Son, do you think they are innocent? Do you know the reason why they are one of the biggest textile industrialists? Their shady side of business is way too deep than ours. And now because of this Naman scandal they are also in danger. The only reason he was marrying his daughter to Naman is too keep him shut. Now that Naman's scandal is out, it won't be long before both of our companies would be in the public eyes. This marriage is just a cover up, so you and Sara have to marry." His dad uttered.

Mayank nodded his head. He had to marry Sara, not out of love or choice but out of necessity.

He paced back to his room sighing hardly. It wasn't like he could ever tell his father he was gay.

He knew one day it was going to happen but still isn't it too early for him to marry at this age? He was barely 22.

Mayank closed his eyes sighing out loud.

Maybe a good sleep will help to calm him down.

---

"Yaar maine apne pair pr hi kulhadi maardi,"
[Man I threw axe on my own leg]

"What happened this time Abhi?" Shubman rolled his eyes.

"Before kidnapping him and bringing him to our mansion for torture, I pulled a media stunt to defame his image but because of this revenge Mayank's business is also going to suffer," Abhishek muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"All his scandals are directly related with Mayank's father. His company is just on the edge of bankruptcy and this thing is going to make their investors back out. His father is making Mayank marry Sara to get the help of Tendulkar's company." Abhishek scowled.

"That's a bust," Shubman hummed.

"Shub...did you really listened to what I told just now?"

"I...I mean I listened to a bits but I couldn't focus because of some important thing—"

"Is Ishan in front of you?"

"Uhm yeah but he is a few feet away from me and I was not looking at him, I was t—"

"Shut up fucker, you just go and focus on your boyfriend. I will take care of my mess," Abhishek scoffed.

"I am sorry Abhi, I swear I was trying to focus but Ish–"

"Yeah yeah I get, your babe is always gonna be your first priority. Even if I am dying you would rather fuck him than save me,"

"It's not like that Abhi, you are my bestfriend. Ofcourse you are my priority,"

"I can see that very well,"

"I am sorry naa Abhi...it's just its the first time he talked with me nicely. He called me 'Shubi' not a faggot or a fucker or pervert but Shubi. You know I really missed him calling me that. And now also he is talking with Rohit bhaiya  respectfully while deciding which ice cream flavor to order. Most of the time he used to cuss at all the guards but right now he is treating them with respect too. He is finally opening up and then you just suddenly called, I couldn't take my eyes off him, of this scene. It feels like a picture perfect fa—"