Chapter 2: Matt's Pov

"MATTHEW NOAH BLAKE, GET UP, ME AND YOUR FATHER ARE LEAVING FOR WORK AND WE'RE DROPPING YOUR SISTER OFF AT SCHOOL!", my mother shouts from the staircase. "UGHHHH, I'M MOVING NOW!", I yell from my bed. I throw on some grey sweatpants and lock the door behind my parents and my fourteen year old sister.
I run back to my room and just put on a black compression shirt and a white crew-neck sweatshirt. I check my phone, okay I have a little over fifteen minutes before the bus comes and picks me up. I fluff my hair and grab a peach from the fridge. "Okay, where did I put my jersey?", I mutter to myself as I check the dryer. I throw it in my gym bag, still a little wet but it'll dry in time for practice. I can't deal with this today my anxiety isn't great especially when I have a test today!

"Hey Charlie, how are you buddy?", I say as I pet my dog. I glance out the window and see Isabella Nott, the girl I've been obsessed with since the second grade when she moved across the street, standing talking the her mom. "God, Charlie, she looks so", my bus honks interrupting my thoughts. I race out the door but cut across the yard so Izzy doesn't see me, I see here glance at my house and exhale, ouch. I guess I deserve that I thought to myself on the bus, I did make her life hell but it was only because I was a stupid kid and didn't want to seem weak and tell her I liked her.

My thought was interrupted by my best friend, Will Bennett, we have been best friends since the first day of first grade, we met when I was throwing a football and it got thrown in my face, and Will was the only one that brought me to the nurse. Will and I are also both on our school football team, I'm the quarterback and Will's a forward. He's also dating Izzy's best friend, Maddie Jones, so we hang out sometimes when Will and Maddie are on a date and want more people to come. Will is the only one who knows how fucking crazy I am about Izzy, and he also knows how much it hurt to see her dating Cole Carr, an absolute jackass who's in Will and I's friend group.He's  also one of the most popular kids in the school and he's a total player. He asked Izzy out over the summer and she couldn't believe it, cause he was the popular guy and she was a quieter girl, but also cause she's been nuts about him since seventh grade.

I'm snapped out of my spiraling thoughts when our bus pulls up to the school. "Hey bro, you ready for the game tonight?", Will asks me. "What do you mean that's on Friday though." "Matt, today is Friday..", Will says slightly grinning at me. "No you're joking, and this is a big game!" "Relax Matt, you'll figure it out, now I'm gonna go find Mads.", Will says as he walks over to Maddie and Izzy's lockers. I glance over at Izzy's locker, she's not there, shit, I was hoping she'd be here so I could see if she's going to my game. I hear the bell ring signaling everyone to go to first period.

Today's gonna be great I convince myself, that thought quickly leaves my head as soon as I see Cole and his fucking face walking over to me. "Hey Matt, you ready for the science test?"he asks. I fake a smile and say "yeah, let's go." Today's just great.