Chapter 7 

What if I was in Futuramous, A Virtual Reality RPG?

Chapter 7:Emotions and deniability

Separator...

Carry:

6:45 always seems to come too quick every morning. With my bus picking me up from my house as I grabbed my sweater since the temperature right now is somewhere around 50 degrees just until later on today when it hits 74 degrees Ferin Hight. Stepping onto the bus with my bus driver greeting me , thinking about the students who were riding with me, we had this lady who normally sticks to herself who goes by the name of Stacy, then we had Jose, Michael, and unfortunately Owen, but thank God he never bothers me. Before I was able to sit down though, I heard Jose's voice from the seat behind me and said, "hey, uh... Carry?"

Taking a seat in the front, I replied, "Yes?"

As I heard him hesitate like if he is thinking about asking and as I was about to ask again, he finally said, "so, prom is coming around the corner and..." he started having issues speaking and as I thought he was gonna ask me out which, I am blessed to be asked out and I do not mind hanging out with some friends, but Jose and I have never been close. Not like Lucio and I. Yeah, we will talk during our gym class by the locker room. However, I just don't feel comfortable around him like this gut feeling that would have whenever speaking to him like if he is trying to slide himself into your good graces then behind your back, he will backstab you when you're not looking. Finally getting his words together, he continued, "sorry, I mean... I want to ask if I can take Kayla out to prom. Before you ask why I am asking you, it's just, you both seem very close and I thought asking you for permission would be the safest... you know, thing to do." I imagine him rubbing the side of his neck in embarrassment.

Corking an eyebrow surprise that he asked me first instead of her. However, it does seem reasonable since we are pretty close even though a lot of my acquaintances, friends, and even my mother said that she wants to be more than friends which, I have been speculating especially with the recent passing days on how she has been extra close to me literally and physically, but as I think about it, I do love her as a close friend since we do see each other every other week-end. More with her than Lucio, but him and I have a man's way of showing we both respect one another, but with her? It's... complicated. I want to take the next step if speculations are true. However, is it rejection that I am scared of or is because my heart not ready for her yet? Or... is it because if I do get rejected then our friendship becomes awkward? Either way, Jose is asking and I guess... in order to know if your heart is made for someone, you must let them go. I know what Lucio will say. "Dude, I know that saying if you love them then you should let them go, but what if you do let her go then you do lose her?" Chuckling to the thought then giving out a sigh, I would tell him that if I can't have her, then it wasn't meant to be. Although sad, it is true. Knowing Jose is patiently waiting for an answer, I finally got myself together and said, "you can. However, it's all on her. She is a very stubborn woman. If you can have her say yes, you have my... blessings." I nearly cringed while my heart for some odd reason tangled up within itself.

Don't worry Carry, she will be fine. That's if I can. It was hard enough to even ask you. I don't even know if I even have the balls to ask her." He chuckled.

"Oh, would you two just shut the fuck up with your fucken fantasies and just fuck each other now?" Owen said more as a rhetorical question.

Rolling my eyes as I placed my backpack at the corner of the buses wall, lying my head on it, I closed my eyes until we approached the school. Waking up surprised to be rejuvenated since normally I am not a morning person, but as I stepped off from the bus with the driver telling us to be safe, using my ears to follow the crowd of students and using my cane to guide myself into the building, suddenly, I felt a hand that I didn't recognize land on my shoulder and before I was able to ask, the voice told me who it was.