Part 14

-Oz-

*He quickly got up and searched the cabinets for an anti-nausea pill, also grabbing a glass and filling it with water. Oswald did his best to clean to area and himself. He handed it to Alex who happily took it, somewhat dehydrated. Oswald watched as she struggled with everything, frowning to himself.* "I don't wanna be sick, Oswald.." *Alex let out a small cry which was quickly met with Oz's hand stroking down her arm reassuringly.* "I know, my love, just wait for it to start to kick in, okay?" *Alex nodded meekly as Oz continued to rub her arm. He got a damp cloth and wiped her face down with it, pressing it against her warm forehead.* "Are you starting to feel better?" *He looked at her hopefully. She nodded a bit, but there was sadness in her eyes.* "Look, I know.." *He started,* "You won't want to stay with me, Alex, but please... Please reconsider how you've been thinking about me. I would do anything for you. I would kill for you."

-Natalie-

*Natalie turned from the window to face him as she tried to find the words to describe her house.* "I don't really like it. It's never felt like home; too big and empty." *She admitted truthfully before chuckling to herself and scoffing.* "Listen to me complain about my big house while people sleep outside on benches." *She never let herself complain about her situation, there was no reason to.* "What about you? What's your place like?" *She smiled and listened to him explain his city penthouse, nodding along and listening eagerly. She clasped her hands together lightly in excitement.* "Oh, the city always looked like it would be so nice to live in! Always something happening, yeah?" *He observed how she listened to him speak. She seemed to have a deeper consciousness than she let out.*

-Alex-

*"I know you would..."* Alex whispered. *"And that's what scares me. One of the reasons you killed my parents was to help me. What happens when you try to kill Harleen... or Selena?"* Oswald seemed to struggle with a response. Alex knew that Oz hated Harleen, and she also knew that Selena stole from him a lot, so he didn't like her either. As he thought, Alex continued. *"Oz, I don't want to stay with you."* She shrugged his hand off of her arm, not making eye contact with him, looking at her leg in a cast instead. *"I don't feel safe with you. The only reason I'm tolerating you now is because I don't want to be alone. I'm scared."* Her voice broke, and Oz reached his hand out like he was going to touch her arm again, but thought better of it, keeping his hands to himself. *"You don't have to be scared when you're with me."* He assured her. *"Yes, I do!"* Alex exclaimed. *"I know Natalie won't, but what if Bruce Wayne decided to sue me for everything I have? What if he puts me in Blackgate prison, or worse, Arkham? What can you do then?"* Alex took another sip of water, looking up at Oswald with her big, sad eyes.*

-Jonathan-

*Jonathan paid the cabby as they got out of the car to approach the manor. It was huge, surrounded by expansive gardens. Because the manor was on a small peninsula, the sounds of the ocean could be heard in the distance, along with the squawking of seagulls. It certainly felt like a separate part of Gotham, as the air smelled clean and the atmosphere was more relaxed. Before they even reached the door, it opened, and a man who looked similar to Natalie ran out. *"Nat!"* He exclaimed. Jonathan stepped to the side to allow them space. He instantly recognized the man as Bruce Wayne. Bruce was at Arkham occasionally, since the Wayne Foundation funded some of the research there. They'd never properly interacted, however. When Bruce was finished looking over his sister, he turned to Jonathan. *"You seem familiar."* He said. Jonathan extended his hand. *"Jonathan Crane. Fear expert and psychiatrist at Arkham."* Bruce nodded. *"Ah, yes, you're my sister's new boss."* Jonathan shrugged. *"I wouldn't say boss, we'll be more like colleagues."* Bruce looked between Jonathan and Natalie. *"Fair enough. Why don't you both come inside."*