Part 19

-Oz-

*He threw everything in the room around in frustration.* "Shit, shit shit!" *The goons watched from afar, sharing glances with each other. After a while, he stood tall and collected his breath.* "Okay, Oswald, this is so problem. I can probably still win her back." *He told himself as he scanned the room for some clue. The chair was missing, Harleen definitely found her. Sigh, back to square one. Harleen pulled into the driveway because the gates were left open.* "What if she's not even here and you come face to face with Bruce Wayne?"  

-Natalie-

*She walked the best she could towards the door. She wasn't stumbling but it certainly was hard. She peered out of the blinds and could see into the car clearly.* "Speak of the devil!" *She exclaimed as she flung the front door open, much the Jonathan's dislike, and waved at them to come up the driveway. She and Jonathan stood on the front porch as they timidly approached. Natalie quickly noticed how tired Alex looked.* "Are you okay? What happened back there?" *She immediately sprung into the conversation as if they had known each other like friends.*

-Alex-

*Alex was suspicious of how fine Natalie seemed, but nearly passed out when she noticed Jonathan Crane standing beside her. She tried to look as presentable as possible in the plain nightdress that she had been changed into and her leg and arm casts. She leaned into Harleen, whispering, *"Don't tell me I hit him too."* Harleen cringed, and that was the only answer Alex needed. *"I am so, SO sorry,"* she said. *"I've just had such an emotional day... I f-found out I was being stalked by my deranged ex and so I was upset. When I was driving I wasn't paying attention, and I-I'm so sorry."* She paused, realizing she had just emotionally dumped all of today's trauma onto them. This made her clam up and scoot further behind Harley. *"No, it's okay, really, both me and Jonathan are fine. It seems like you got the worst of it,"* Natalie told Alex. *"Our cars got the worst of it,"* Jonathan grumbled, earning him a slap on the arm from Natalie. Alex winced as she tried to put pressure on her left foot to stand more comfortably, but she was in so much pain. *"Look, whatever I can do for you guys, please. I don't need this debt over my head."* *"Don't you mean guilt?"* Jonathan raised an eyebrow. *"I mean debt,"* Alex assured him, staring him right in the eyes, her old moxie competing with her pain. She wanted to make sure that both Crane and Wayne knew she wasn't weak.*

-Jonathan-

*Somehow, even though she was visibly in such pain, Ms. Kyle still made it a point to seem intimidating. He could tell by her gaze that the only reason she felt even a little guilt for what she had done was because she idolized him. And still, Natalie was kind. It baffled the doctor. Even without the alcohol, Jonathan was sure this conversation would have gone the same way. *"Look, can we have your information?"* Natalie gasped. *"Oh yeah, we need to trade numbers."* Ms Kyle exhaled, frustrated, seeming to remember something. *"My ex still has my phone."* *"Oh, your ex is Oswald Cobblepot, right?"* Natalie asked. Jonathan raised his eyebrow as Alex frowned. *"Uh, yeah, how'd you know? A-are you stalking me too? How do you fucking know?"* But Harleen placed a hand on her shoulder. *"Calm down, I spoke to them earlier, after Oswald took you."* As the ladies spoke, Jonathan couldn't help but wonder why in the world Oswald Cobblepot the crime lord would go for such a pathetic, neurotic loser like Alex. There were much better options out there... Natalie Wayne, for example.*