24. not a flashback

NVM THIS CHAPTWR IS 4539 WORDS HELP...

    "This sign can't stop me because I can't read!" I exclaimed loudly to myself as I stared at a deteriorated sign that said 'DANGER: DO NOT ENTER'— whatever that means

I could read, but I hadn't gotten the capitalized letters down yet. So surely it couldn't be anything of importance, right?

I strolled past the sign and followed the overgrown path that lead to the unknown.

Being almost eight years old, I was feeling very adventurous and did an expedition into the forest of the Queendom. Geographically, my home was situated at one of the southernmost islands, which gave it a tropical feel.

Since it was spring I wore a T-shirt and shorts to enjoy the warmth of the sun, along with a hat that mother forced me to wear. However I didn't like how it obstructed my view above, so I flipped it backwards on my head.

The sun shone brightly between the shadows of the trees, and I thoroughly took in the sight of the forest around me as I walked through an old path, occasionally stopping to observe something of my interest, like a cool rock.

I blew raspberries as sharp branches came in the way of the trail, but I pushed through(although it did leave a few scratches on my arms).

Soon the sound of ocean waves could be heard, and I began to run through the trail in excitement. Once I made it out of the forest, the beautiful sight of a rocky beach dotted with tide pools entered my view.

I gaped at the sight, and quickly ran to the nearest tide pool. Inside there were many plants, starfish and small fishes, and I experimentally poked my hand inside.

I moved from pool to pool, observing each one with awe. Eventually my neck began to hurt from looking downwards for so long, and I stood up to make my way towards the ocean waves.

The sudden rustling of bushes made me stop mid-step.

"A Pokémon?!" I exclaimed loudly as I spun around to face the source of the noise.

A grey-skinned boy crawled out between the bushes. He looked to be my age, and he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Dafuck?" I said, and made eye contact with the boy, who paled.

"Oh no." He said, horror evident on his face, "Oh no, no, no! Pretend you never saw me!"

"What?" I said, not understand what he said. I approached him in hopes to hear him better. "What did ya say?"