Chapter 11: Bond

heyy wormies (Angst warm lol)
There will be less uploads unfortunately (like how I poofed for a week💀) because of this rat school honestly.
Even just life in general. One thing is I might go over the old chapters and edit them to make them more canon and just better. Anyways ENJOY❤️❤️
(This chapter is very chill at the start I will give a warning when catnap eats one of them)
☀︎︎-
My eyes slowly opened to a comforting warmth beside me and a furry awakening. Purring echoed through my mind as rain trickled down outside. My fingers twirled in a circling motion against Catnaps purring chest, I let out a giggle whenever he purred.

"Catnap, Wakey wakeyy"
I enthusiastically waited for a answer, he just groaned and held me closer to him and tightened his grip on his waist, depleting any space between us. He nuzzled his nose against my face and started purring again.
"Mm..too tired.."
"We can't stay here forever" I chuckled.
"I wish"
I had to agree, every moment I was with him was the best moments of my entire life, I wish we could stay forever. I sat up and Catnap pushed me back down to the mattress. I laughed silently.

"Please Catnap, we need to get up who knows how long we've stayed here for already"
"Mmph...fine."

I left the warmth and grabbed a soft towel and hung it against the shower doors and let the water run free. Steam fogged the room. I closed the door with a silent thud agains the frame and made my way over to Catnap. He was still in bed dozing off.

"Cmon sleepy head. You're coming with me no slacking"
He groaned and sat up, shaking his head releasing a whiff of lavender. I grabbed his paw and dragged him out of bed and into the bathroom. I took my pendant off and Catnap placed his on top of mine and rubbed his eye. I opened the doors and a wall of steam greeted me to the water. Catnap hopped in after me, he whined a little when it touched him,making up both jump.

"You okay? Ohh yeah, I forget sometimes that hehe" I let out a apologetic laugh and bent over to grab the soap.

Catnap was still getting used to the water, getting to enjoy the warmth a bit. He let out a calming sigh. He looked over at me and he jokingly covered his eyes.

"Woah there, first thing in the morning?"
I realised the situation.
"Catnap!"
I turned around and gave him a soft punch on his shoulder, making him laugh. After washing up, we put our pendants back on our necks and went outside, it was still a little bit moist from the rain last night. We sat at the doorstep not realising the other critters woke up ages ago, I rested my head on Catnaps chest and sighed. I was in between his legs and patting his tail or paw. He would fiddle with my pendant or pat my ears, he would sometimes have a little bit of fascination of how it glowed and gave a calming warm mist.

"What'ycha two love birds doing?"

I jumped and opened my eyes and stared to frantically fiddle with my pendant, Catnap moved his legs closer together and moved back away from me. Picky stood in front of us and smiled.

"Uh! We a-are..uhh.."
"Hugging for warmth,it's still cold out here"

I looked toward Catnap and gave him a thankful expression, he winked. Picky gave a cheerful smile and skipped off towards Bubba and Kickin. We returned to our position and enjoyed each others company.

★-
"Ugh.. I actually can't believe he trusts him..I know they've known each other for longer but, what about us? And plus, it's obvious that thing killed Bobby Crafty and.."
I paused trying to hold back tears and swallowed the growing lump in my throat.

Bubble put a hood on my shoulder knowing I was still upset about Hoppy. My eyes started to tear as I wiped them off my face.
I sighed and tried to accept what happened but.. I was fuelled with sadness and rage. I could never forgive him. I held Hoppy's pendent in my hand and clenched it tight, regretting not being there to protect her. I held it tight hoping that I wouldn't go like how she did.

Picky took a loud crunch from her apple and looked over at my hand. She had empathy writing all over her face.

"I'm sorry Kickin, but she's not coming back.. what we need to focus on is surviving these deadly attacks..okay?"
I nodded and refused to look at anyone, just the pendant.
"I wish I could've been there..Now..she's gone..Because of that stupid cat.."

I could sense they knew what I was suggesting, giving him a taste of his own medicine. But we knew it was wrong. Revenge and murder. But I wasn't taking back my words, it had become my final decision.

☾-
"Hey Catnap"
"Mm?"

The pup turned his head higher to get a glimpse of me, with his smile. I could stare at it for ages.

"Do you ever wonder why they think you uhm..sorry how do I say this. Murdered the other critters?"

I paused and knew that they knew I did it, to protect Dogday and to work for my saviour. I kept my wide smile.
"No. I think they wanna believe the wrong thing. They're believing that theory when they should be believing our saviour"

I could sense Dogday still didn't understand what I meant when I talked about him but he tried to. He pecked my cheek and yawned, stretching his arms far and wide. He sat back down in between my legs and held my paw agains his chest. I could feel my heart starting to pound faster.

"Dogday.."
"Yeah?"

"If I told you I did murder them, how would you feel? Would you still love me?"
He gulped and paused,lacing a finger on his face while his pupils dialled down with a worried expression. Sweat started to pout down his face, looking flustered.

"Well..I, uhm.. I.."
He swallowed and took a deep breath.
"I don't know.. I do care about them but. I care about you more. I wouldn't know how to feel, fear? Would I not care? I wouldn't know what to do.." a tear formed in his eyes. I cupped his face and while it away with my thumb.

"Don't other think it pup. I know I'll still love you"
He let out a warm and cheerful smile and pecked me on the cheek. Ying Yang..Impossible but still ment to be.

He closed his eyes while mine fixtures on an angry Kickin storming toward me, stopping when he realised Dogday was with me. He opened his eyes and gave a confused face.
"Stay here pup"
I stood up and around the dog plush and walked toward the bird.
"May I help you?" My eyebrows pointed downward as my smile left my face.

He growled and tried to find the words. He didn't want to disappoint Dogday  since the others still listened to him.
"You. Me. Woods. Tonight." He stormed off.

I brushed off the dirt he kicked on me and he walked off as I raised a brow and sighed.
Dawn fell upon the land and me and Dogday decided to watch a movie and chill. My love for him grew, though I needed to start thinking straight. Worshipping and working with the Prototype meant you had to give up everything , including desires and emotions.
"I love our little Ying Yang bond" he nestled his head deeper into my chest.

This might be my longest chapter but I loved writing this one.
Hoped you enjoyed this one wormies ❤️
Byee