Chapter 16: Return

I HELP THE IMAGE ABOVE-
WHY DID I MAKE THAT BYEEE
Verryyyyyy angsty and short chapter sowy:<
ENJOY🫶

☾-
Dogday's eyes grew wide as he stared at the green figure, covered in cuts and bruises and still partially alive. Now one else knew she was alive and deemed her dead, but a slither of life fought for her. I kept her hiding from all sunlight until today. I warned her to not tell of her experience unless she wants to experience it again.

Dogday's tears spike for him as he fell in her arms as the two started crying. A hint of jealousy pondered and aches at me as the two bonded. I was unsuccessful of removing her for him. I'm sorry saviour, I will get rid of her.

"I can't believe your here! Oh my gosh I missed you! How are you alive h-how is this happening!?"

She smiled and looked over to me, grateful but terrified. She tried to look happy but struggled with her past experiences with me. I smiled widely.
"Ask him" she wiped a tear and Dogday came from her embrace and pecked me on the cheek. I closed my eyes and beemed at him. I just had to let the plan settle. Today was just all to Dogday, for now she will live.

☀︎︎-
I pulled away from my planted moss on Catnap and Hoppy replied with a concerned and flabbergasted expression. She look dumbfound as i tried to build the courage to explain me and Catnaps relationship.

"Hoppy.. There's something we need to discuss. Privately"
I looked over my shoulder and snickered at Catnap who put his hands up in defeat sighing to failed attempt. I knew he wanted to protect me but, sometimes things need to come first. 

Me and Hoppy headed to the forest as we sat down in the mist of quiet.

"I..I needed to tell you this for a while, but I understand you don't seem fond of Catnap but.. I'm in love with him. We're even in a relationship together!" I smiled at the last sentence with dreaming of fantasises of me and him. Though my mind pondered off to the state it was in. I was still scared.

"But he murdered Kickin in front of me and I don't trust him anymore, but I love him too much to leave him fully. I'm still upset at him but he brought you back to me!" I tried to warm up the conversation seeing Hoppy's expression of pure disgust and shock.

"Oh..I see.. He took Kickin away from me.. He took all of us away from each other.. and he killed me but. Yes he did bring me back" I could tell she was trying to ease the hate off him but failing to after hearing about Kickin's demise. She held her pendant to her heart.

"You can't trust him.. he is manipulating you Dogday! Open your eyes! He's probably using me as an excuse to some how cover his sins! And you love him?... I don't know what's worse. Knowing our leader is following into a trap or that we're all going to die by him."

I thought about it trying to hold back tears but failing.
"I'd don't know what to do..I'm stuck. Everyone expects me to leave him but, Hoppy you can't just do that to the ones you love!"

"I loved him too! I mean in friends but we were friends! HE KILLED ME FOR GOODNESS SAKE! DOGDAY WAKE UP!"
I backed away from her outburst as tears started flowing down my face uncontrollably as she continued to yell.

"What is wrong with you... Letting your desire block you from what is important!? I can't believe I ever trusted you"
She stormed off as i held my knees to my head and started to shake uncontrollably.

"DOGDAY WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?" Catnap immediately comforted me seeing me tremble in tears. He pulled my legs away and cupped my head in his hands. I became more scared. I pushed him away.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! IF I HADNT HAD FALLEN IN LOVE WITH YOU, ID HAVE MY FRIENDS BACK BUT...I can't let you go! What is wrong with me..."

He held me close to him in a embrace and I pulled him closer to me sobbing violently. "I'm so sorry Catnap"
"No I'm sorrry"

I layed on his stomach sobbing for another 10 minutes as he rested and let me cry on him. Bubba came earlier and sat beside us. He stroked my fur calmly and hummed a familiar tune faintly. Some parts you couldn't hear because of how soft he was humming. But I recognised it.

"S M I L E EVERYDAY" he hummed.

"When you are down and out"

"No need to frown and pout"

"Cause the Smiling Critters here to say"

"S M I L E everyday!"

Idk why this got me rolling lmaooo😭
:>