Chapter 2

The B blood.

Oh, just look at my picture profile. It certainly doesn't seem that bad. Maybe it does.

The cafe wasn't that bad.

Yesterday.

"On second thought, I'd cancel that idea." Mother said so suddenly.

"What?"

"You don't have to. You can go back to sleep in no time." She smiled sweetly.

I was shocked as I was all prepared with my clothing and a rucksack, ready to work in a large household, or more to say, to apply for the job.

She didn't say anything else as she continued to look at me.

"Oh moth-"

"Up-pup-pup. Go back to sleep. I cancel your appointment." She ushered me as in pushing my back and towards the kitchen area.

All I could do was a straight face.

I could use some sleep.

"Today, I thought you could do some charity work. An activity. It's not far from here. The hospital."

I spun so hard, so quick that I thought I had almost snapped my neck.

"Yeah. Hey, Amara do you know what blood type you have?" She looked me in the eyes so sudden.

"Yeah, it's B, remember?" Not that it's that rare. As I remembered.

"There's this hospital that I recommend. And also, I recommend you to donate your blood once in a while, at least." She rolled her eyes. "And you could try it the easiest way that you can." She winked so playfully. She must be serious.

How could you donate your blood that easily?

Besides I'm afraid of needles. It's the type where it stings of painlike animal bite and I never want to feel it again.

I was going to read through the newspaper to search for a new haunted house in release today, but it seems like it had to catch up. As she talked and talks but I just have this image of relaxing on the sofa bedroom throughout the day. Breaking news. A new haunted house has been built nearby.

I wanted to read it so badly. Guilty.

Guilty that I almost want to snap my eyes and close it shut altogether and never make it all the way back to heaven. My soul leaves my flat body nervously as I sigh.

It was a sign. I had to go to the hospital.

"Oh, and there was some boy who asked for you. Seemed like he wants your attention. You should tend to him. Knowing what he wants." She playfully winked. Again.

I gave a big sigh.

"He asked if you were free today."

Way to go. I had to go to the hospital and now this?

"Mom-"

"You can go to the hospital tomorrow. Now go, prepare yourself in the finest clothing and prepare for your date." She giggled softly.

Mom...

This was so sudden that my head went blank. I almost wanted to get angry, but then it went away just like a gust of wind gusting out of nowhere.

Seemed like I had to go. Oh well.

I internally shrugged and made my way into the bedroom.

A date?!

I blinked. Just how am I going to do this? My body almost froze as I halfly, or almost entered the bedroom. Is she insane? Or I'm. Just insane.

The bedroom door clicked with a shut as if in agreement with me as I leaned my back against the door, I don't know if I can make it to this date.