Chapter 5 - The L'

The milkshake was pretty.. awesomely, good. My mouth salivated just thinking about it. "Maybe I should get it myself. Again." I mumbled to myself.

But then again I remembered what he said. If you want to go somewhere, you must take me with you. Remember that. His voice echoed in my head so clearly.

Hm, but I was craving it. I mean it, awfully craving it like right now.

"Next time if you want to go, anywhere, you have to take me with you."

Yeah, yeah.

I shouldn't be taking him wherever I go. Or even anywhere important that is.

I sighed, laying down on my bed. And to think, I don't know what to do today. My head is completely blank, and I'm bored. Staring at the ceiling, the only thing I'm thinking about was a carousel or that biggie giant round thing where you go to the top and submerge into the bottom, going up again. Not to mention it's a giant thing.

I sighed. I really want to go out. I stared at my hand, floating my left while putting it against the ceiling roof. It was beautiful. Black and yellow. But then again, I don't know if I'll ever regret it in the future for getting it.

Hey, maybe I should work on that bookmark painting I've always thought about. I've always wanted to start on it. Amara..! You're 19 and you barely have any education in you. Why don't you just move on, have a job and then grow up properly!! I could imagine her saying and telling me off straight in the morning. And then, there's this henna.

I sat up. Today I turned 20. Oh, god. How could I forget? And, another lonely day of a birthday for me. Happy birthday.

It might be best to start now..? Oh. I looked down at it, at the space of my left hand where the vines lead all the way up to my arm, while the empty spaces support the design inbetween. And all the while it dangled on the empty space of the round-shaped space of my thigh as I sat cross-legged. Mom will freak out when she sees this. Oh well.

I went off and sat on my work table. Working on it shouldn't be too hard. Considering I have the newest color in mind, and then we'll just blend it together. Together it'll be to be a brand new, amazing color. I scoffed. If anything, I would go to the art store right now and buy a handful new supply of a few colors. But then it's too early in the morning. It's not open.

Seeing the shape of the bookmark, it had its original size of a blank, white sheet. It had its own tie and ribbon so I might just work on the rest of the drawing. I stopped. I didn't know what to draw. The excitement and the figure of what I wanted to paint disappeared instantly. Breathing heavily, this makes me nervous. It almost made me not want to paint today. But who cares, I got a brush ready and a pail of a small tube of water ready to go. I should be using it.

Making a shape of a triangle, I decided on a mountain. In yellow. Maybe the mountain has swallowed too much honey and so it is yellow. I grinned and laughed to myself. This is impossible. So putrid that I wanted to dive myself in and live amongst the mountains. Well, sit cross-legged with my legs stretching across the grass on top of the mountain. I wouldn't take mother though, it's a private time by myself and I would really like to appreciate it by myself.

Buy lingerie.

A voice sounded in my head.

What?

Buy it.

No way. I'm just stupid. I'm hearing things?

I shook my head, surely that was some imagination..

Buy lingerie or else.

What, I'll die?

Hm-hm, from the sound of him, sounds like it.