Chapter 3 - The Machine

"That date was a mess." I almost whispered-shouted at my mom as I phone called her. I was calling her from outside with my legs freezing and apparently my jacket had been stolen-- I meant given back to the man I found a while back who was sitting inside the restaurant while I'm standing here, freezing over while phone calling her.

Could she talk a little bit quicker? I think I'm freezing hell over.

My teeth chattered. I have no idea what I did to deserve this. Oh my god, mom, what was she saying again?

"Everything's fine. Did he do anything wrong?"

"No." I admittedly answered. He didn't do anything wrong per se. He's just.

Wrong.

"Oh my god, mother can you please just pick me up? I ate my dinner and I don't know what else to talk about."

Lie. I just want to leave the place and say sayonara goodbye to the restaurant and the man.

"Without a proper goodbye? Now that seems rude doesn't it?" She tutted her tongue at me. Now where are my manners? My legs are freezing and my other hand was consoling my other bare arm, rubbing off its extreme warmth if it ever had any of it left.

I sighed.

"Mom-"

"Please, just ask him to take you home. By a taxi, that's a smart idea."

I could imagine her happy face.

"Ugh. Fine. I'll go back in." I ended the call and glanced at the lights in front of me. They caught me by the eye.

Well, at least the buildings and hotels are having much more fun than me. A nice dinner with candles, just the two of them, and.. a nice cake for dessert. Hey, here's an idea, why don't I order cake for dessert?

Yeah, not.

I gave a big huff as I turned around. And--- not to notice that he was already staring at me, sitting so proper at our table. How long has he been staring at me, and of my back? He's so embarrassing. He might embarass me one day if I ever dated him. Or go on a second date. I sighed.

I paid no mind and made my way back inside and sat on my chair.

Gladly, he smiled at me.

So mysterious and.. charming at the same time that it was scary. Well, he was handsome to say the least.

"Amara. It's your name?"

"Yes, bitc-- yes. Amara's my name."

He nodded profusely.

"Amaracelly." I cleared it.

"Celly, as in C for Cherry?"

"Yes." I huffed and looked to the side. This is starting to get really annoying.

"Good to know." He said.

He seemed relaxed in his seat without a care in the world. And while my stomach's growling for more food-- which was dessert, I wouldn't even hestitate to order a slice of cake or a cheesecake.

Without a second to spare, he beat me to it as he raised a hand and called for a waiter.

A waitress came to our table.

"Yes?" She called.

"Yes, can I please have the rhubarb cake and.. cherry cheesecake please." He pointed at the menu.

"Oh. I'm sorry sir, the cherry is all soldout." If I wasn't mistaken it was as if he gave a glare. But he didn't. He was just staring blankly at the menu. Don't tell me that his body froze?