Chapter 41-50

Chapter 41 Newcomers
Turn off the lights small medium large
Previous chapter: Chapter 40 Death in infancyNext chapter: Chapter 42 Reply
Zhong Cuigong:

"Your Majesty, your cards are so good that even the servants can't keep up." Ma Guiren joked.

"Don't tell me, my mother's luck is very good. The cards she drew today went smoothly every time." The noble man smiled and agreed.

"Okay, okay, I've almost won all your monthly salary, why are you still smiling so happily?" Wu Yafangyi glanced at the cards in her hand, played one, and said angrily.

"It's your fault that your Majesty won. The servants can only admire you. How could you not be happy?" Rui Chang smiled in a flattering manner, "Look, your Majesty has won this round again." Wu Yafangyi raised her eyebrows, "

You guys But it's all lost."

"The slaves are satisfied with being able to please the empress, so it doesn't matter if they lose." "I am

indeed in a good mood today, so I won't accept this silver from you." Wu Yafangyi finished her last call. A handful, "Nian'er."

"Yes, Madam." Nian'er immediately took out the silver coins that he had just put away, and also put in some more banknotes.

"Your Majesty, you are so kind." Ma Guiren's smile was more genuine than before. He was holding a banknote that more than doubled his salary, and felt very comfortable.

As expected, Concubine Shu was very generous in her actions, and it was much easier to work under her.

Wen Gui and Rui Changzai also expressed their thanks one after another.

Finally, Wu Yafangyi had a good time and was tired of today's tricks. She was about to dismiss these noble people, but she didn't expect that the emperor sent an oral order, saying that the two concubines of the Wanliu Ha family and the Zhang Jia family should stay at Zhongcui. palace.

Wu Yafangyi frowned and was a little confused. Wasn't the imperial concubine in charge of this matter? Why did the emperor also have a hand in it? Moreover, she had never heard of such two concubines.

The servant went to inquire about it, only to find that these two concubines were born as palace maids, and they were favored by the emperor not long ago. This is even more strange. There are not only one or two palace maids favored by the emperor, but it is impossible for them to be all. Becoming a concubine, especially at this time when the emperor is becoming more and more stingy about status, is it possible that these two maids have other abilities?

Puzzled, Wu Yafangyi took over the job and was about to find out what was going on, but found that the noble people from before were still gathering around her.

"What else do you want?"

"Empress, I don't want to see what the new sister looks like. Is it because of her beauty that the emperor likes her so much?" Rui Changzai smiled shyly.

"This is no longer your business. People will see you sooner or later. You should go back first. I have other things to do." Wu Yafangyi said a little tiredly.

"But your Majesty -" Rui Changzai seemed to want to say something more, but his clothes were tugged by Ma Guiren beside him, and he stopped.

"Huh?" Wu Yafangyi expressed doubts.

"Your Majesty, she is talking nonsense. Don't be offended. I will step back now." The noble man apologized, and at the same time gave Rui Changzai a look.

"I know." Wu Yafangyi didn't care what they were thinking. She just let Nian'er welcome them away and went back to the palace to catch up on her afternoon sleep.