1 | A Smart Boy and a Slushy

Y/N groaned. She hated the sound of her alarm clock piercing the morning silence in the mornings, signaling the start of another day. However, Y/N loves school. She is a sophomore at Medford High, she's pretty smart for her age and she loves math and science and looks forward to doing it everyday. She smashes her hand on the top of her clock and puts her feet onto the floor and walks over to her dresser and grabs and oversized T-Shirt with Stephen Hawking on the front with baggy blue jeans and her silver hoops. She brushes her hair and puts on a bit of blush and mascara and goes downstairs.

Y/N's heart sank at the sight of her mother spread out on the couch asleep with an empty glass of wine in her hand with the television still on. A mix of love and sorrow filled Y/N as she sighs and walks over to take the glass out of her mother's hand and set it on the table beside the couch. Y/N looks down at her mom with sadness knowing that Y/N cares for her mom, but her mom doesn't care so much for Y/N. Her mother is all she has, considering that she never knew her father, and all the rest of her family either died, or has never been around. Y/N covers her mom with a blanket and grabs her bag and walks out the door. She puts her walkman over her ears and walks to school.

୧ ‧₊˚ 🍓 ⋅ ☆

"Mrs. Y/L/N, you're late." Mrs MacElroy scolds as Y/N just rolls her eyes and slides into her seat next to Derek. Derek has always made Y/N uncomfortable by making flirtatious remarks towards her. "Sup" Derek smirks at Y/N. "Hello D- you smell kinda weird.." Y/N wrinkles her nose. "Oh that's just my-" Derek was about to state before the door swings open revealing a tall, clean, boy wearing a bow tie and carrying a briefcase. Y/N catches herself staring at him as he walks to his desk. Overwhelmed with a mixture of feelings she has never felt before. Who is he? I've never seen him before. "Sheldon, you're also late, but I will let it slide since it is your first day in my class." Mrs. MacElory explains. Y/N can't help but feel annoyed that the teacher didn't excuse her being late. "Class, This is Sheldon Cooper, he just transferred to this class from another" "Actually, I dropped out of the other class because they were teacher me inaccurate information." Sheldon interrupts Mrs. Elroy. "I was being taught that particles can be connected in a way that the state of one instantly affects the other regardless of th-" "ANYWAYS class, let's all welcome him. Now, let's begin with class." The teacher cuts off Sheldon. Y/N chuckles, impressed by his intellect.

||

"Now class, can anyone break down the concept of quantum superposition and how it relates to the Schrödinger's cat thought experiment in quantum mechanics?" Mrs. MacElroy asks the class prompting Y/N to shoot her hand up. "The cat is simultaneously alive and dead due to quantum superposition, which is not how it works in reali-" "Actually, The experiment illustrates the concept of superposition where a quantum system exists in multiple states until observed, showing the peculiar nature of quantum mechanics." Sheldon interjects correcting Y/N. "Excuse me?" Y/N questions feeling frustrated. "You're a bit off, perhaps you should fact-check before raising your hand." Sheldon smirks. Y/N just rolls her eyes and crosses her arms and doesn't say anything for the rest of class.

ೀ 🍨 ‧ ˚ 🎀 ⊹˚. ♡

Later during lunch, Y/N decides to go to the library since it was the only quiet place in her school and since she was still frustrated about how that boy showed her up in class earlier in first period. She tries to brush it off and picks out her favorite book and sits down at a table and eats her goldfish while she reads. She is interrupted when the door opens causing Y/N to look towards the door showing the same boy from earlier walking through it. Her irritation bubbles up again, thinking about what he did in class. She tries to cover her face with her book while he goes to sit down with his friend at a nearby table. Y/N was disappointed since she wanted a quiet time in the library. She decides to get up from the table and try to quietly leave the library, hoping to avoid Sheldon's gaze. She successfully makes it out of the library, but as she walks out she harshly bumps into someone causing them to spill their red cherry slushy all over them and Y/N. "Are you serious!? You need to watch where you're going fatass!" the blonde yells before hardly pushing Y/N into the lockers causing her to fall while people laugh and point. She quickly gets up and rushes to the bathroom.

As she gazes at her reflection in the mirror with watery eyes and a shaky chin, Y/N tries to scrub the red slushy off of her T-Shirt. She starts to think about how much of an embarrassment she was today. Am I stupid? Am I really fat? thoughts flood her head causing a tear to fall from her cheek before quickly wiping it away. She fixes her hair and exits the restroom longing for the day to end.

an: hello :) this is my first story so please bare with me. sorry for it being short, but thank you for reading <3
-aj