14 | A Buzzing and a Knock

Third Person POV
Sunday evening, during dinner, Mrs. Cooper made Sheldon's favorite spaghetti with hot dogs cut into equal pieces. However, Sheldon seemed off all day. Y/N glanced over and noticed that Sheldon hadn't eaten anything. He wore an annoyed expression, lost in his thoughts. Concerned, Y/N reached out, "Are you alright, Lee?" she asked, touching his shoulder. Lee remained silent, still zoned out. "Shelly, why aren't you eating?" Mrs. Cooper inquired. "How can I with that irritating noise?" Sheldon replied, grimacing.

Y/N gave Mrs. Cooper a puzzled look, "What noise, Sheldon?" "That irritating high pitched buzz," Sheldon complained. "I don't hear anything, Sheldon," Y/N mentioned as she sipped her juice. "How can you not?" Sheldon questioned, trying to block it out. "Wait! I think I hear it," Missy chimed in, "It's coming out of your face!" Missy teased as Sheldon rolled his eyes. Y/N felt a mix of confusion and concern for him.

———

Sheldon's POV
That dreadful high pitched buzz is driving me insane, it's like a never ending symphony of annoyance that just won't quit. I can't focus, I can't think straight. It's like a constant assault on my senses. How am I supposed to function with this incessant noise buzzing in my ears? It's maddening! I know my folks won't want to spend money on a refrigerator that works but ignoring things that irritate me is not my strong suit, fixing things however, is what gets me out of bed in the morning.

"Lee?" Y/N enters my room holding a book and slowly approaching me. "Hey, Y/N/N" I say as the buzzing in the background pierces my eardrums. "I found this book in my room of my house the other day when i was going through my stuff, It's about refrigerator repairs," She suggests. "Maybe you can figure out what's causing that noise you mentioned." Y/N hands me the book. "Thank you, Y/N, this is perfect. I must fix it tomorrow!" I think to myself how much I appreciate her, she's just perfect for me. What would I do without her.

‎‧₊˚✧ time skip to the next day ✧˚₊‧

Y/N's POV
Today at school, Sheldon was so engrossed in the book I gave him that he hardly spoke to me. The buzzing must really be getting to him. When we arrived home and I changed into more comfortable clothes, I noticed Sheldon in the kitchen with a toolbox. "Sheldon, what's going on?" I asked as I approached him. "I'm going to dismantle the refrigerator to find out what's causing that noise," he replied. "Sheldon, maybe that's not the best idea-"

"Guys, guess what!" Missy interrupted our conversation, all excited. "There's going to be a prom at school!" Her enthusiasm was contagious. "Are you sure Mom will allow you to go?" Sheldon questioned, causing Missy's excitement to fade. "I'll convince her," Missy reassured us. I've never been to a dance before. I haven't worn a dress since I was like 7. It's a bit nerve wracking, but maybe it could be fun, especially if Sheldon joins in.

✩°。⋆⸜ 🎧✮

After chatting with Missy about going dress shopping, I glance around and notice that the entire refrigerator has been dismantled. I start to ponder how Sheldon's parents will react when they arrive home and see the fridge in this state. "I've figured it out!" Sheldon explains excitedly. "Finally! The buzzing is gone!" He celebrates. Suddenly, the front door swings open, revealing Mrs. Cooper carrying groceries, clearly shocked by the scene. "Good news, i've identified the source of that buzzing," Sheldon says joyfully. "You need to put this back together, Now!" Mrs. Cooper insists. I had a feeling this was bound to happen.

Me and Sheldon were in his room with Missy, listening to Mr and Mrs. Cooper talk to the repairman in the kitchen about the fridge repair costs. "200?!" We hear Mr. Cooper explain. Uh oh.. Suddenly, Mr Cooper storms into the room and confronts Sheldon. "Do you have any idea how hard i work for the money we earn?!" Mr Cooper shouts. I can't stand it when people raise their voices. Sheldon just sits there, apologizing. I notice his face turning a little red, his chin starting to quiver. No..I dread this. I've never seen Sheldon cry, and it hurts me terribly to witness this.

"I don't care how long it takes, you will pay me back every cent," Mr Cooper asserts before exiting the room. "Lee.." I whisper before enveloping him in a tight hug, letting him cry on my shoulder. Seeing Sheldon cry for the first time  was like a punch to the gut. I felt my heart break into a million pieces as I watched tears stream down his face. I wanted to take away his pain. His vulnerability shook me to the core, And I couldn't bear to see him in such agony. Holding him close, I could feel his sobs reverberate through me, aching to comfort him, to make everything okay again. My own tears mingled with his.

"It's okay, Lee," I console him. "Y/N.." Missy says, "He has never cried in front of anyone, not even me" She says causing me to hold him tighter. "I will get a job once i start going to the university." Sheldon says before lifting his head from my shoulder. Before I could respond, there was a loud aggressive knock at the door. I assumed it was none of my business so i ignored it until, "Y/N, it's for you.." I hear Mrs. Cooper say in a concerned voice. I slowly walk towards the door to see who it is, revealing someone who made my heart sink.

My mother?..

an: sorry for the cliffhanger pookies <3 once i'm done with this story which one should i do: georgie cooper fanfic or sheldon cooper one shots ? (or suggestions bc like hello) 🤭
-aj