Doom.

"She's going to be a special one."

"Yeah? How do you figure?"

"I see it in her eyes."

The great entity known as Sera floated down the hall with the realm's most recent arrival in her arms, cradling the child gently. She, along with her army's commander and lieutenant—Adam and Lute, respectively—were headed for the secret meeting chamber, where they would prepare for their next excursion to the lower world.

Adam frowned at Sera's statement. "Uh, pardon my French, ma'am, but that's a load of bulls**t," he stated, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow. "She's a f***ing toddler."

Sera ignored his vulgarity, smiling down at the blue-eyed child. "For now," she murmured. "But if she is brought up correctly... she could be so much more.

"She will be given time to grow, unlike the others."

-

Lute watched the now-7-year-old newcomer closely as the girl attempted to follow another Exorcist's movements—and though hers were wobbly and somewhat uncoordinated, the lieutenant could definitely see potential.

-

"You will name her, and you will train her."

-

"So what's your name, kid?" Adam snapped at the girl.

"Dove," she answered, standing at attention with her chest puffed out as far as it would go, her back rigid and straight.

"Boo! Lame!" Adam jeered, giving her a thumbs-down gesture. "You're gonna need something a lot more threatening than that! Something that just rolls off the tongue." He rubbed his chin, and then his face lit up. "I got it! How about... DOOOOOOOOOOM!" He spread out his hands as he spoke the name, causing clouds and lightning to appear over his head. "Huh? Pretty f***in' sick, right?" he added, grinning.

"Sir, yes, sir!" Dove—or "Doom", rather—confirmed, saluting.

"Oh, brother..." Adam muttered under his breath. "Hey, uh, quick pro tip, Doomie: spend a little less time with Lute. 'Kay?"

-

"When she is at her prime, she will become like the rest of you."

-

The girl—now a woman—bowed her knee as Sera placed a horned helmet with a flickering facemask on her head. Doom looked up once it was fastened, a glowing grin appearing beneath the "x" and eye.

-

"And when she is ready, she will bring order and peace to our world by joining you...

"...in the Extermination."

-

SHRRRKKKK

Doom laughed maniacally, her eyes wild as she tore both swords out of the demon's gut. Her helmet was missing, but she didn't care; let them see her face. Let it be the last thing they see before they meet their final end.

"Dad!"

Doom spun around, eyes glittering with bloodlust as she faced the under-dweller who'd spoken.

It appeared to be a teenage girl, covered in blood and bearing an appalled expression on her face.

Doom bared her teeth, letting out a snarl, and immediately shot toward the girl with a single pump of her wings.