END II.

Black Cats

"Are you going to resist?"

"No."

"Then put down your weapon."

"Not until we're done."

"You are done."

"That look 'done' to you?"

Cmdr. Emmy Michaels frowned as Castello gestured to an open rift with his pistol. There were odd creatures falling out of it, twisted and disfigured like something out of a horror movie.

"I ain't puttin' down my gun 'til this fight is over," Castello snapped. "An' I mean really over."

"Yeah! An' if he ain't callin' it quits yet, then neither are we!" Ribbon declared, hefting his tommy gun in the air defiantly.

"I had orders to arrest you as soon as the major threats were dealt with," Michaels shot back. "Those threats were Adina, Cthylla, Fisi, and Eve. They are all either dead or incapacitated, so that brings us back to point 1: you are under arrest. Surrender NOW."

Castello gritted his teeth.

"We can handle the intruders," Michaels added, her warning tone growing dangerously threatening. "Don't force us to have to handle you."

Castello remained tense for a moment before sighing and tossing his weapon on the ground. "Alright, boys," he called to the Black Cats, going down on his knees and putting his hands behind his head. "It's over. We're done." He narrowed his eyes at Michaels and grumbled, "Time to pay our debts."

-

Gustav landed a good distance away from the officers who were ushering the main members of the Black Cat gang into a mobile unit. His forked tongue flicked out of his mouth as he fixed his gaze on Castello.

Castello glanced in Gustav's direction, his shoulders hunched and expression showing both his defeat and acceptance. "Hope I made ya proud, kid," he muttered, turning away.

Gustav said nothing until the doors of the unit closed and it drove off into the distance.

Then he said quietly, "Du hast, Vater."

Top Dogs

Top Dogs

Autumn entered the hospital room to find Ruben barely awake with Peggy at his bedside, her paw clutching his tightly. The rest of the Top Dog's inner circle—Christine, Max, and Max—were huddled around the bed as well, their expressions solemn. Two XXM soldiers stood watch on either side of the doorway, ready to take the others into custody when their allotted time with their boss was up.

"I can smell you at the door, Autumn," Ruben suddenly rasped, his eyes closed and nose twitching. "Get over here. Don't worry, I won't bite," he added with a pained chuckle.