PART VI.

"You little RAT," the Black Queen seethed, shaking the Masked Man violently in the air. "I should've known it was you who corrupted the Power Well. All this time, I thought it was Fisi, trying to sabotage my plans—but it was YOU!"

"I have... a score... to settle," the Masked Man gasped out, clawing at the Black Queen's arm in vain.

The Black Queen and Cameron both turned to the portal.

Standing on the other side was an almost indiscernible black shape, vaguely humanoid and possessing glowing cyan eyes. Silvery metal glinted around its neck, chest, and hands, barely visible in the darkness.

"Oh, great," Cameron growled. "Everyone's coming to the party."

"Not the greeting I'd give my father if he were trapped in Tartarus for a year, but to each their own," the creature—Zuriel, Rosh Rishon of the Malakhites—remarked, amused.

"You're no father of mine," Cameron spat.

Zuriel took a step forward, his teeth gleaming in a large grin. "Aren't I?"

Cameron frowned and glanced down at herself—her cyan aura, her semi-reptilian appearance, her glowing angelic wings. "I'm doing what I have to do," she snapped, looking back up at Zuriel.

"Don't we all? Case in point..." Zuriel turned to the Masked Man and nodded. "Bravo, Ramiro. Time and time again you cheat death, all to the detriment of those around you." He tilted his head, adding, "But that's not your problem, is it? Your only problem... is me."

The Black Queen barked out a laugh before the Masked Man could respond. "Oh, no! He's got a much bigger problem than you, old man." She hurled the Masked Man into the wall of the chamber, shattering all of his bones.

The Masked Man flopped to the ground, feeling no pain but rendered immobile. "ZURIEL!" he shrieked, writhing around in an attempt to reach the portal. "I will settle my score! For Hadali... for Cece! For EVERYTHING you put my family through!"

"I don't believe you will settle that score, old friend," Zuriel responded, checking his pocket-watch and snapping it shut. "I've got more important business to attend to, and it appears your former mistress is more than ready to pass down judgment upon you for your treachery." He turned and prepared to walk away.

Then he paused and looked over his shoulder. "Unless, of course, my associate decides to... 'jump the gun'?" he added in a questioning manner, his grin returning.

As if on cue, Zuriel's shadow rose up, taking a form that was becoming all too familiar.

The Black Queen gritted her teeth, glaring at the newcomer. "Well, that's just swell! First my great-grandmother, and now great-grandfather! Is there anyone in my family who's not trying to ruin my plans?!"

The Radio Demon grinned. "Come now, my dear. You made a deal contingent on your failure," he purred. "If you weren't on the lookout for sabotage, you were doomed from the moment you shook my hand."

"WRONG!" the Black Queen thundered, extending her hands toward the portal. "Keep your nose out of my business!"

Alastor suddenly pushed through the portal, his body elongating and spawning several black tentacles as a green aura surrounded him. His antlers slammed into the Black Queen, knocking her back onto her rear end. "WE HAVE A DEAL, EVIE DEAR," he hissed, his grin widening as his eyes turned into red circles. "YOUR BUSINESS... IS MY BUSINESS."