PART V.

For an extended moment of time, Fisi did not move or speak. He simply stood stock-still, his hand still raised in preparation to deal the killing blow to both Cameron and Amani.

Then, slowly, shakily, the great "hyena god" lowered his head, looking down at the blade protruding from his chest.

It was far bigger than it had been in the hands of the former Avatar, and the symbols on it—once green—were now blazing white.

A breathy chuckle brushed past Fisi's ear as the tall, thin, bony creature behind him leaned close.

"Close, but no cigar," the Black Queen whispered, giggling. "Thank you for your service, Freddie."

Fisi stumbled forward as the Black Queen ripped the enlarged sword out of him, holding out shaking hands to catch the black blood that was now pouring from his chest. "EEve?" he stammered, turning around and staring at his partner in horror. "What... why...?"

"Simple. It's MY plan," the Black Queen replied with a shrug, not acknowledging the six Masked Men that emerged from portals around her and jabbed the siphons in their hands into her legs. As the power of every Protector and Conqueror began to flow into her, the Black Queen continued, "It's about time everyone knew the truth, don't you think? I mean, c'mon, Fred. This?" She made a sweeping gesture, chuckling. "This was never yours. This destruction—this chaos. Every bit of it was planned out, prepped, and pushed into place by ME!"

The Black Queen unloaded a massive backhand that nearly knocked Fisi off the building, but succeeded in knocking him flat on his back next to Cameron and Amani. "You wouldn't believe how exasperating it was to act like you were in control," she snarled as the Founder Avatars transformed into their respective Founders and grew to almost full size. "Knowing full well that I was the one who'd started all this in the first place!"

Bloodfang let out a hissing screech, one that resonated to the very core of the Earth.

Every vampire on the planet responded, eyes turned blank as they were taken under their Founder's thrall.

"I paid for this victory in blood," the Black Queen hissed in unison with Bloodfang, who echoed her words against his wilil. "Now you'll pay for your defeat in kind."

Howlmoon lifted his head and unleashed an unbelievably-powerful howl, making Cameron and Amani cry out and cover their ears.

Every werewolf on Earth echoed the call, their eyes going blank as well.

"The hunt is over, Fisi," the Black Queen and Howlmoon growled. "Night has fallen, and daybreak is nothing but a dream."

Father Sky—an amalgamation of Autumn and Winter—and Mother Earth—a fusion of Spring and Summer—both bellowed, turning the hearts and minds of all Cervidians across the globe to the Black Queen.

"You blinded yourself with your own hubris," she sneered as Father Sky and Mother Earth joined in, "and ignored the call of wisdom."

The All-Seer hissed, his tongue flicking out of his mouth, and the Basilisks answered, flocking around their respective Towers.

The Sluagh let out a long, resounding hoot, and the Hollows began to emerge from the hidden levels within the havens.

"The power of the Celestials is mine to command," she sneered as Father Sky and Mother Earth joined in, "even beneath your starless sky."