We'll be fine

Chapter 13
[real life and instagram]

Lanie and I walked through the VIP area together. Making our way towards our court-side seats right across from the UConn bench.

The game was starting in 5 minutes and people were EVERYWHERE. Screaming and running to their seats, some even asked if lanie and I could get them autographs.

I let out a sigh the moment we sat down.

"Took y'all long enough", Hayley mumbles from her spot beside me.

I roll my eyes and look towards the court where the girls had just finished with the starting lineup announcements and were in their starting huddle getting ready.

I could see Paige, she was one of the tallest ones, she looked focused, determined, and she looks over at me and gives me a small smile before they break.

I blush and look down at my hands. Maybe she wasn't as mad at me as I thought.

"I saw that", lanie bumps my shoulder.
_____________________________________
The game just finished and I smile as Paige runs around all excited.

"Come on, let's go back to the locker room and wait for them", lanie nods her head in the direction of the girls locker room.

I look over at Hayley who is intently typing something into her phone.

"You coming hay?", I nudged her.

"Um, Caitlin is about to call. I'll meet y'all back there", with that, she walks away.

Caitlin had weird hours and Hayley promised to answer no matter what. She's excused herself from funerals, weddings, birthday parties, basketball games, even 10 minutes before we were supposed to go on stage for nationals.

I sigh and turn to follow lanie to the back of the arena. Making it in about 15 minutes which was pretty good considering the amount of people running around.

"How's the knee?", she asks sitting down on the girls couch.

"A lot better.", I sit down next to her. "Doctor says I can begin training next week"

"That's awesome Laur", she smiles. "I'd definetly say just take it easy"

"You've had one?", I scrunched my eyebrows.

She nods. "Freshman year, worst pain ever. Thought my career was over"

"You're still looking good though", I say referring to her volleyball abilities.

"So you've seen me play", she smirks.

"A little.", I roll my eyes. "Hayley and I came down last year to visit Azzi and got bored so we just showed up at one of y'all's games. But you are amazing, I must say"

She smiles at me and begins looking around the locker room.

"Let's scare them", I jump up quickly.

Lanie snaps her head to me and smirks, getting up to follow me over to a hidden corner.

The girls come running in, jumping up and down. We hear Geno come in and talk while lanie and I are trying not to laugh.

Nika walks out after he's done and comes walking back in frantically 15 minutes later.

"Have you guys seen lanie?", she announces to the room.