Sam *1*

Reader: Human
Genre: Fluff

"Dude, stop staring at him

"Dude, stop staring at him. It's weird."

Edgar muttered, picking at his cafeteria food. Sam rolled his eyes and turned his head to face the Frog brothers, an obvious pink stained on his cheeks. It had become increasing obvious that Sam had a crush on one of the boys in their geometry class. From the constant staring from the back of the classroom to small comments about Y/n's presentations. Sam was hopeless.

"I'm not staring at him."

Sam hissed, now looking down at his food. Edgar and Alan shared a glance with each other, silently telling the other how annoying Sam was acting. Alan sighed and grabbed his books from the table, turning over and shoving them into his book bag. Edgar looked back to Sam, watching him poke at his corn before shoving a spoonful into his mouth.

"Sam, just go talk to him."

Sam quickly looked up and shook his head. The idea of going over there to Y/n and asking him on a date or something was bizarre! It wasn't like he was a girl, then maybe it would have been better and less awkward. Alan seemed to get the distress; he shook his head at Sam's reaction.

"We're not telling you to go profess your love for him, just go talk to him, like a normal guy."

Edgar nodded, agreeing with his brother. It seemed so obvious that Sam wanted to punch himself for thinking so far ahead. Obviously, he couldn't just go up to Y/n and ask him out, they barely even knew each other! They've had one or two conversations during the duration of the school year, which Sam rarely talked through.

"Lunch is going to end soon. Either do it now, or never."

Alan said, his voice going low. Sam remembered it was the same tone of voice Alan gave when they were about to fight those vampires, but somehow it seemed scarier now than before. The blonde took a deep breath and looked over to the table Y/n was sitting at. He sat with two other people, talking and smiling.

"There's people there."

Sam mumbled. Edgar groaned and got up, going around the table and grabbing Sam's arm, raising him up. Sam tried to protest quietly, looking to Alan for some kind of help. Alan shrugged, not caring.

"Go."

Edgar said, shoving Sam forward towards Y/n's table. Sam grumbled at them and looked forward, taking a breath before walking over to the table. It seemed miles away, every step that Sam took felt like he was on the moon, gravity threatening to lift him up and throw him back to his own table.

The closer he got, one of the boys at Y/n's table peered over, noticing Sam coming over. Sam was about to turn around, feeling his neck start to burn from embarrassment, but Y/n turned his head to see what his friend was talking about. There was no turning back now.

Y/n smiled in Sam's direction and turned his body towards him, ignoring the looks from his friends. Sam finally reached the table, he stood awkwardly for a moment before trying to convince himself to talk.

"Hi."

Y/n blinked, seemingly a little confused.

"Hi."

There was silence, very awkward silence.

"Did you need something?"

Y/n asked awkwardly. Sam blinked out of his trance and nodded, wiping off his sweaty hands on his shorts.

"Y-yeah, uhm, i was uh, wondering if you'd wanna hang out? After school?"

Sam spoke quickly, his words barely making the connection in Y/n's brain. Y/n peered over to his friends, to which they smiled at him and raised their eyebrows. Sam assumed that might have been an inside joke, which made him a little worried that they were about to make fun of him.

"Yeah. Sure."

Y/n answered, looking back to Sam. Sam let out a sigh of relief, nodding and taking a quick look behind him to the Frog brothers. They nodded to him, assuming from the look on his face that it went well. Sam looked back to Y/n, a big smile on his face.

"Cool, uhm my friends-"

Sam nodded his head in the Frog brother's direction, making Y/n look over to them.

"They work at a comic shop; we can hang out there? You know, if you uhm, like comics."

Sam finished his sentence awkwardly. Y/n looked back to Sam and nodded, chuckling a little bit.

"Ok. Yeah, that'll be cool."

Y/n said, smiling awkwardly. Sam nodded, smiling awkwardly back. They sat in silence for a moment like before, which would have lasted a while if the bell hadn't deciding to ring, signaling the students to get up and get rid of their trays.

Y/n stood up, grabbing his book bag. Sam stood back a little, giving Y/n more room to get out of the table. Y/n's friends stood up as well, taking their leave.

"I'll meet you in front?"

Y/n asked, walking beside Sam. Sam nodded, watching as Y/n quickly took off with his plate to throw it away. There was about a minute before Sam realized he should start leaving as well, he looked behind him to his table and noticed that Edgar and Alan weren't there anymore. Sam rolled his eyes seeing they had left his plate there, along with their own mess.