David, Dwayne, Paul, Marko

Reader: Vampire
Genre: Angst and Fluff

Fights between the Boy's had never come to this point, not in a very long time

Fights between the Boy's had never come to this point, not in a very long time. Vampires can be petty creatures, especially when said vampires are in their 'rocker' area. Y/n had come in right in the middle of it, and from what he could tell, it was far from over. Per usual, Dwayne was staying silent, mean mugging his fellow vampires as Marko and Paul yelled over each other at David, who looked like he was about to explode.

The yelling echoed in the cave, making the rocks studder and rain down to the ground. Y/n stayed behind the commotion with Star and Laddie, who looked more or else uncomfortable and worried for their own safety. Y/n never intervened in their fights, not when he wasn't brought into it somehow-and this one seemed very personal, but something about it irked him.

"You shouldn't have done that, David! Th-that's like saying we don't mean anything to you!"

Paul shouted, his voice cracking. David rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to speak, getting interrupted by Dwayne's voice.

"What were you thinking? Making that choice for us?"

The tall vampire sounded disappointed, crossing his arms. David glared at Dwayne and shook his head, as if he expected the second oldest to understand.

"You sayin' you wouldn't have done the same? I work my ass off for you all, and I'm truly sorry if you forget that I AM THE LEADER."

Y/n furrowed his eyebrows, his hand flinching. He had a slight idea what this was about now, judging by their mean looks and sense of betray, Y/n guessed it had to do with what David had been talking with Max about. Max had said no so subtly that they were getting a little too comfortable with killing the people in town, and basically forced David into the idea that they should go out to feed for a while. It didn't seem that bad, but the vampires had only known Santa Carla, they didn't want to go anywhere else.

"You're a shitty leader, that's what you are!"

Marko stood forward, shoving David's chest with aggression. Y/n stood up automatically from the bed, watching as David tried to keep his footing, stumbling down before whipping his head back to Marko. The blonde looked unfazed, threating to do it again if David were to come at him. Dwayne swallowed some spit and stood behind Marko, offering support.

"Nobody ever voted you leader, David! You took that yourself--just like everything else!"

Paul sounded like he had some sniffles in his nose, making Y/n feel like his heart was about to break. David stood up straight, his Icey blue eyes replaced with bright yellow ones. The bleach blonde vampire stood closer to Paul, staring into his eyes. There was no fear behind Paul's eyes, just a blank stare.

"If it weren't for me, you'd be lying in a ditch somewhere. All of you would! Without me as a leader, you all would be dead!"

David turned to look at the rest of the Boys, a vein popping out on his forehead. Y/n had seen enough, and he had felt enough. He walked over and stood beside David, not thinking twice before putting a hand on his shoulder.