David

Reader: Human
Genre: Fluff

David didn't need as much attention as he got from Y/n

David didn't need as much attention as he got from Y/n. The other boys had noticed it suddenly after becoming good friends with the human, by now they would have decided to turn him—but for some reason David had been against it. David was the leader, if he said no, then it was solid no unless Max himself had said otherwise. It had become suddenly very clear on why David did not want to turn Y/n. He enjoyed the attention.

Y/n was a worrier. He didn't know and didn't understand that the fights David got himself in to was much worse on the other person than himself. The first time Y/n witnessed the fight, he had worried so much about David and the rest of them that they almost wanted to laugh, but at the same time—he wanted to help. It had been a while since someone had offered to 'help' them in some way other than blood or killing. The feeling of sympathy had been forgotten over the years.

David closely watched as Y/n pressed a handkerchief he got from his pocket on his forehead, trying to wipe of the blood from the cut. That was the moment he knew, he didn't mind this sort of feeling and touch. Did Y/n really have to know that David could heal himself? And that he really didn't feel much pain to begin with?

////////

"I don't get why you guys get into so many fights, I mean—is it that big of a deal that those guys bumped into your bike, David?"

David stayed silently, using most of his energy on keeping himself focused on Y/n's movements. Even though he was a vampire and had what felt like infinite energy, that was one thing he always had a problem with even as a human. Touch. Paul was the one to answer, nodding his head and looking up from the boombox Laddie had brought out to him.

"That guy totally scratched it!"

Paul said, feeling the sudden anger again. Marko nodded and propped his pidgin up on his shoulder.

"No one messes with David's bike, man. No one."

Y/n sighed and shook his head, moving the cloth from David's bloody nose and putting it to the side. The h/c man stepped aside to grab a bandaid, unwrapping it and gently sticking it to the wound David had gotten on his cheek. One of the guys they had gone after had a pocket knife, which almost gave Y/n a heart attack. Luckily a guard came up to them, stopping the fight before anyone got murdered.

"Well I'm sure you can fix it, huh?"

Y/n asked David, finishing up with the medical attention. David opened his eyes and nodded, a grimace on his face.

"They should be the ones fixing it."

He muttered, angry at the thought. It wouldn't have been that bad to fix it, just a little bit of paint, hell even Laddie could go and do it—but the idea that it needed to be fixed at all was annoying. Y/n sat down beside David and put his hand on the vampires, patting it gently.

David stared down at the humans hand and blinked, his eyes absent of any reaction. The boys knew, they could feel the sensation of something in the air around them. David was smitten, and more importantly, he was about to blow from all this personal attention. Dwayne shared a look with Paul, one that would be described as being the look of 'should we do something?'

David suddenly looked up and pulled his hand away, standing up with his back to Y/n. He touched his fingers to the bandaid and took a breath in.

"Are you going to be ok? That guy did a number on you, David."

Y/n asked with worry. Paul and Marko resisted the urge to chuckle, instead they looked between each other and smiled widely. Marko tried to keep his mind off of it by playing with his pidgin, rubbing her head and under her beak. David looked behind him and nodded, he turned around and put his gloved hand on Y/n's cheek, patting it gently.

"I'll be fine."

He answered, knowing that the wound was already gone underneath the bandaid; he could feel the wound close and almost suck itself back into the skin. Y/n nodded, feeling a little better by the confident tone in his voice. David turned back around and lifted up his sleeve, looking at his watch. It was late, and David didn't think he could stand anymore of this right now.

"I should get going, it's late."

Y/n could read his mind, and more importantly the room. Marko blinked and looked between them, rolling his eyes to himself at the tension. He walked forward and was the first to say his goodbyes.

"Yeah, I'm like totally tired."

He said, yawning. Dwayne scoffed a laugh and nodded, agreeing. It was almost morning.

"I'll see you all tomorrow, alright? And David—try not to pull off the bandaid yet ok? It won't be healed for a while."

David smirked a little and nodded. The two of them shared a look of some sort of compassion before Y/n turned and started to leave the cave, yawning on his way out to show he was actually tired. Of course a human wouldn't be used to being up all day and night.

Once the human was gone, David's face turned to its usual pale, his eyes cold again. Marko put an arm around his friend's shoulder and smirked.

"Why David, you almost looked alive for a second."

David rolled his eyes, ignoring the laughs that came from around him. His eyes suddenly settled in the women across the room, Star. She looked at him with soft eyes, smiling a little. She might have hated him, but she was still proud of him for having someone to love.