121: FRAMED

"What a surprise... I didn't think that you'd be back after leaving us here. Welcome back." Felicia said as she recovered from the great shock she had in her face, clearly expressing her distaste back then. Of course who wouldn't be shocked upon seeing the devil, coming to ruin the atmosphere once again?

"I couldn't stay away from home. I left temporarily to sort out my feelings after what happened. But here I am, feeling everything is back and calm. If it wasn't for you, sister, I wouldn't have realized a lot of things." Helena said as she smiled at Felicia who had grown weary about the change in this attitude.

It's as if she had changed her personality while staying at the monastery or the church. There was something within her that Felicia found very eerie, the feeling of wariness dancing in her head, like it was filled with uncertain thoughts about the woman standing in front of her, smiling as if she had grown modest and had learned best.

It's as if she doesn't know this woman at all.

Come now, father. I am already old for you to do this." Helena mentioned as the Duke continued to shower her with love and affection while leaving Felicia silent from where she stood up. Even the way she talked was new and eloquent. "You are still my princess, Helena. Let me continue to spoil you as you are my dear princess." The Duke said, earning a lot of gasps from the servants, openly telling everyone about the dynamic shift of the Duke's affection.

Felicia felt a pang in her heart, staring at the Duke who was having fun with Helena. She swallowed a lump in her throat, brushing off the feeling of jealousy forming in her heart. She sighed, letting them have their way of cherishing each other. However, she couldn't push the feeling of being alert with Helena.

It's just that there is something else with her that she just couldn't shrug off. Whatever this feeling is, she needs to be alerted now around her.

"Forgive me, Father, Helena. But I wish to retire now in my room. Have a blessed night." Felicia awkwardly said, bowing her head at the two and started walking past them, didn't wait for their reply. What's there to wait anyway? The Duke despises her once more, just like he used to before. His hatred didn't change.

"Oh, sister..." Helena muttered looking at her way with a sad expression. "Don't stress yourself over her." The Duke commented as he smiled over Helena while throwing sharp glares behind Felicia's back. "Let's have lunch together, Helena."

--
Over a week, a lot of things had changed, including how some of the servants changed their attitude towards Felicia. If not for her attitude and her perseverance to wreak havoc, she would've experienced what happened before, bullying that is. The servants have completely turned hostile and have tried to make fun of her.

If not for Alexander's favouritism towards her even though Helena tried to take away from her, she would still be respected and treated like a noble. Regarding Helena, there were no major things that happened, aside from the occasional words that pierced through her heart like a sharp knife, insulting her through her flowery words which appalled her.

A week in the Goddess' grace doesn't mean a speedy change of behaviour. She went through an evolution and she couldn't find the old Helena in her outer shell. It was suspicious, something that she had to worry about. Even Alexander was sceptical of Helena's new approach, like a white flower with thorns.

"Is something troubling you?" Alexander asked as he stretched out his hand, helping her to stand. They were currently in the middle of sparring when her airhead wasn't paying any attention, reason as to why the last thrust hit her in her stomach, ending with her on the ground. That must have hurt her, especially since it is visible on her face.

"You're overthinking, what's on your mind that is causing you to space out?" He asked, concerned about her little sister who was out of herself, not acting like how she used to. After all, she wouldn't space out and more like she's focused. But this time, she was thinking a lot about her to be like this.