122: THE WRATH

Felicia flinched upon hearing the thunderous voice, echoing around the halls as it garnered a lot of attention. Soon the Duke came behind her back,  running towards Helena who was at the bottom of the stair case, unconscious.

Felicia was stunned, staring at her unconscious body as she remained blank, not knowing what to do. It's as if everything just had stopped within her surrounding, with her pounding heart echoing inside her.

She could feel her heart being swooned with panic attacks as she stood there, completely in a wrecked mess inside.

Why... Why did she baited herself to fall? Why was she instigating with this extreme scandal? But... But what's with the green smoke wrapped in her body before she could even hit the land.

Aside from the panic she's feeling right now, she was very weirded out and suspicion arouse in her head.

The fall... It was fake to set her up.

Blam! Before she could even gather her thoughts and say something, her body fell on the ground, followed with her throbbing cheek as she gasped in pain, shocked with the blow she received.

She slowly turned her face towards the person who smack her in her cheek, numb and filled with rage as she slowly laid her eyes on the Duke, flabbergasted as to why she was slapped.

"Felicia! I could never tolerate this behaviour of yours! What did Helena even do to you for you to push her down the stairs?! You're a vain and malicious person!" He yelled, enraged as he let out a scream towards her who was in a daze after the slap.

Her cheek was red and definitely stingy. She couldn't even feel her cheek due to the pain that she received from the Duke.

"What happened here?!" Someone yelled, making Felicia's eyes then followed where the voice went. It was from Alexander who did not saw everything and just arrived, hardly breathing.

"Brother..."

"What did you do, Your Grace?!" His loud voice echoed upon staring at Felicia who's cheek the for of tomato, looking so swollen. His eyes glared at the Duke who didn't even bother to face him.

"Stay out of this mess, Alexander! If you want to maintain your position as my heir then step out of this mess and stop protecting this disgusting vermin!" He yelled, suppressing Alexander's growing fury with his own.

He turned to face Alexander who was about to approach them by the stairs, glaring at him menacingly that stopped Alexander from taking another step.

Felicia was crying, silently as she didn't want to look weak in front of the servants watching them, in front of Alexander who was worried dearly but was threatened with his position.

It was not her fault, she didn't even push the woman and yet she got blamed. That bitch, why did she even let her guard down?

"You think, just because you're the eldest, you're free to hurt your sister?! You're not better than anyone else, Felicia! Without me, you're nothing! And you hurt my dear daughter just because of your jealousy?!" He yelled, striking fear to everyone.

"I wish you were the one who was buried in that casket than my wife! I should've listened to her and threw you out! Useless prick!" He insulted, bringing humiliation and pain from her eyes.

"Your Grace!" Alexander yelled, glaring at the Duke for overstepping himself. "You are clearly being blinded—"

"I said shut the hell up if you do not want to lose your preveliges, Alexander! God damn, Boy! Is this what I get from you? I place you in that position and now you're disrespecting me?! I ban you from ever approaching this woman once again!"