123: THE OCCURING MIST

"I'm glad that you're eating now, Mistress. The goddess knows how much we were worried about you." Olivia sighed in content, seeing how Felicia began to eat, unlike yesterday after the incident.

The redness of her cheek had now disappeared. She healed it after she was being detained in her own room, performing miracle on her cheek. Despite how physically strong her Mistress is, there was something wrong with her ability.

It was still... Weak. Although not that weak compared to when Felicia discovered it first, but it wouldn't be able to delete the existence of Helena's charm over the whole mansion. Much less the whole kingdom.

"How was the situation outside?" She asked, minding her food while asking Olivia what is currently happening outside of her room. She has been secluded for a month and no exposure of her would be revealed.

"Well..." Olivia pauses. Does she really have to tell her what's happening outside of this room? Everyone is now harbouring ill-intent towards her after she allegedly pushed Helena to which Olivia won't believe.

"What's with the pause? I won't feel hurt with their babbling mouth so tell me what's the issue outside." Felicia asked once again, throwing a  side-eye towards Olivia who was biting her bottom lip.

"Well... People were... Mad at you." She said shortly, didn't want to expand it further. Felicia may say that their opinion about her won't cause her pain, but for Olivia, hearing bad things about her Mistress makes her heart crumble in pieces.

"I see. Well then, seems like everyone is under her mercy now, huh? That's funny." Felicia chuckled, filled with satire in her tone, laughing at the fact that people began to change their lines.

Since Helena is in power now due to the Duke's affection, the dynamic will shift and will change, or turn back to what it was before she had even meddled with that brat's life. But is she angry about it?

Somehow she is but more like she needed to have her revenge but couldn't do anything about it. "Is she happy that I'm being banned from going out of my room? Is she happy that she finally has the mansion for her? That fucking bitch." She couldn't help but to cuss Helena.

"Apparently, there are guards stationed below your balcony." Noctua decided to talk, flapping its wings back to the bed while looking at Felicia with an annoyed expression.

"And two outside the door. The Duke sent them to look out for you if you'll break what he ordered." Helena also pointed out the closed door, signalling that there are knights stationed out of her room.

"Seems like he really is serious about this." Felicia mumbled to herself, sighing as she pushed off her plates, not wanting to continue eating. She ate a lot anyway, she's full now.

"How about Alexander? Where is he?" She asked, hope lit in her eyes despite hearing clearly how he was banned to visit her as well, or even be with her to which Felicia finds ridiculous.

It's clear that he wanted to separate the two of them, under Helena's supervision. He clearly wasn't himself and has been under her spell even more, forgetting his identity and acting like a marionette.

"The Young Lord has... Not visited you. He was adhering strictly to what the Duke reprimanded him." Helena answered with a low tone, looking down at the floor, avoiding Felicia's eyes.

It's not that she's scared or she's avoiding her because of something else. She doesn't want to look at Felicia's eyes, filled with disappointment and affliction. She didn't want to stare at her eyes filled with being let down.

"B-but I assure you that the Young Lord will visit you secretly—"

"You don't need to say that, Olivia. I am fine." Felicia cut her off, looking at the balcony, as if she was avoiding Olivia's eyes. "A month will pass by eventually. Till then, I'll be stuck here and continue reading." She added, slowly turning back and smiled at Olivia.