Chapter 10: Movie

A/N: I'd advice you to read the last chapter before this bc I haven't updated this book in a year.. IM SORRY. ALSO DONT PLAY SONG YET. 4/10/23

Y/N POV, LATER THAT DAY:

I sat in my room, as I kept overthinking. What did Ward want to talk to me about? Obviously it was about Rafe, but what about? Me and Rafe have had no contact in a month. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I look at myself in the mirror before spotting the necklace and bracelet Rafe had gotten me when we where talking. I slightly smile to myself thinking of the nights he gave me both.

I sighed before I sprayed a bunch of perfume on me. I wore a white crop top, and leggings. I put on high socks and my sneakers.

I quickly fixed my hair as I walked outside of the Chat, I saw everyone chilling on the porch. "You ready to go?" Kiara asked me. I nodded with a smile. We where going to this small get together thing, our local park is hosting. It's where everyone, including kooks and pouges can help themselves to a movie outside on a huge projector, where they'll be selling snacks and so much more.

"I'm so hyped, so many hotties are gonna be there." Pope says before we all look at him confused, something JJ would say which threw us off. He shut his eyes. "Yeah no I shouldn't have said that, I've been with JJ to much.." he admits. We all laugh.

Soon enough we all began to drive to the movie spot.

We all got here in the Twinkie as we got off the car, seeing many people here. Some in front of the projector, sitting on blankets, ready for the movie to start. I checked my watch, reading time, the movie should start in 15 minutes. "Arrived just on time." Kie mumbles as she grabbed a blanket from the Twinkie, handing it to JJ.

"Sarah should be here somewhere.." John B said as he looked around for Sarah. That's when the girl had appeared in front of us. "Good news, my father let me off grounded patrol today. Anyway I just got here." She said laughing lightly as she greeted us all, kissing John B in the process.

"Okay great, how about you boys go and get us a spot and we'll get snacks." I told the boys. We all agreed as we split, me and the girls heading to the snack spots where there was food trucks.

"I can tell this is gonna be a good night." Kie mentions with a smile.

We waited in line for some popcorn, as I looked around, before I spotted a pair of eyes staring me down. Only to lock eye contact with, the one and only Rafe Cameron.

I saw him standing there with a beer, Topper and Kelce beside him just talking. I gulped to myself. Holy shit. He had buzzed his hair, the middle part was gone. But the buzz looked so god damn good on him. "Hey I'm gonna go get some drinks, you girls get the popcorn and food.." I told the girls as an excuse to walk over to where the drinks were, right beside Rafe.

I walked away, and went to the cooler with the drinks, seeing Rafe walk away from his friends. "Hey y/n, how are you?" I heard his soft tone say. I missed it, I missed him. I was ready to run back into his arms and just kiss him forever. I looked up to him. "I'm alright, and you?" I smiled a bit.

"Better now." He had mumbled. "I uhh..like what you did to your hair, looks great." I smiled. It really fit him so well.

"Thank you. Was just kind of a last moment thing..anyway..look y/n, I really miss you. Can we please talk about what happened that day? I really didn't mean anything I said..I was just under the influence and I know I shouldn't have been using when I told you I'd stop, I lied to you and completely lost your trust. But I want you to trust me again.." he told me as he grabbed my hand and pulled me aside, behind a tree where no one can really see us.