Prologue

This is my first fanfiction.

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 1945

The Empire of Japan was defeated.

Japan, placed under the control of the GHQ as in our timeline, saw an acceleration in events following the Treaty of San Francisco Peace in 1951. Under GHQ rule, the Allied forces, while some earnestly worked, many acted aggressively, contributing to deteriorating domestic security. Moreover, the atrocities of military trials such as the Tokyo Trials, and the poor treatment of prisoners of war held across the country, were beyond description, leaving everyone appalled.

With the dissolution of the GHQ, Japan returned to the international stage, giving rise to factions advocating for the expression of anger and dissatisfaction accumulated during the occupation. Under the slogan of "Restoration of the Dignity and Pride of the Japanese Nation," they established the Japanese National Party (JNP), comprised of people who had witnessed firsthand the Japanese people's hardship, the occupying forces trampling them, those involved in malfeasance amidst the post-war chaos, and those who had extended a helping hand.

With this background, they successfully garnered widespread support nationwide from the outset, launching into the political arena from the 1953 election campaign initiated by the dissolution of the Bakayarō faction.

IOTL, the emergence of the Hatoyama faction, which began to rise from the previous year's snap dissolution, splitting the Liberal Party, ended up benefiting both the socialists and the right-wing, leading to the establishment of the 55-Year System with the subsequent birth of the Democratic Party and then the Liberal Democratic Party. However, with the intervention of the JNP which absorbed a significant portion of the seats that should have rightfully belonged to the Socialist Party and the Hatoyama faction, they transformed the three parties into fringe parties.

Winning over 100 seats in the first election and leapfrogging the Reformist Party to become the second-largest party, the JNP played a significant role in subsequent Japanese politics. While the Liberal Party, which fell to a minority government due to the dissolution of the Bakayarō faction, regained momentum with the support of the JNP, it pursued various policies.

However, it did not form a coalition.

Although both parties advocated conservatism, their principles differed.

While the Liberal Party, prioritizing the reconstruction of the country, was a moderate faction emphasizing international cooperation, the JNP, valuing the dignity of the nation, was an extremist faction advocating thorough resistance against domestic subversion and foreign aggression. While various measures for reconstruction were deemed positive, they vehemently opposed issues such as the presence of the US military presence in Japan and the lack of military capabilities. However, given the understanding of the dire situation domestically, these issues were of low priority among them and were temporarily put on hold. As domestic reconstruction progressed, the discord between the two parties remained unresolved.

A significant reason for this was the rise of communists within the country. These repeat offenders, advocating radical actions, were precisely the targets to be eliminated by the JNP, which advocated a policy similar to the anti-communist fervor in the United States. Furthermore, they also advocated tightening control over the mass media, which strongly supported communist forces while hiding the truth, leading to serious misunderstandings between the ruling Liberal Party and the JNP. Ultimately, a significant portion of the proactive Liberal Party members and the JNP formed an alliance, leading to the establishment of the Liberal National Party (LNP), which began to wield its influence as a replacement for the Liberal Party in government.