Chapter 19 - Unrest

I received a zero rating because I set the requirement for comments when giving evaluations, which left a bad impression. I reported it as a guideline violation.

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 Month 12 Year 1642 Central Calendar

Japan announces its support for the war against GVE to Mu. Later, the First Fleet and the 2nd Expeditionary Force are dispatched as an advance party.

Day 14 Month 1 Year 1643 Central Calendar

Under the orders of Mirishial VIII, two Pal Chimera flying battleships sortie from Area 48. On the same day, Japanese surveillance satellites detect the Pal Chimeras, and the Japanese government acknowledges their existence.

Day 5 Month 2

The Battle of Baltica occurs in the sea area west of the Mu Continent. Both sides suffer immense losses, and the naval battle concludes due to ammunition shortages. The World Union Fleet retreats, and the control of the region is secured by the Gra Valkas Empire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Month 2

This month became a month of great upheaval worldwide. The daring attack of the World Union Fleet, led by the Holy Mirishial Empire, ended in failure. Though the enemy wasn't unscathed either, the strategic goal of repelling the Gra Valkas Empire from the Second Civilization Area wasn't achieved.

On the contrary, despite deploying two Pal Chimera flying battleships, relics of the Ancient Sorcerous Empire, one was shot down, and the regular fleet lost over half its strength, exposing a humiliating defeat. No matter how much damage they inflicted on the enemy, tactically, it's hard to claim victory under these circumstances. Despite standing at the pinnacle of magical civilization and possessing actual weapons spoken of in legend, the Mirishial Empire, even when serious, suffered defeat.

The situation for forces other than the Mirishial fleet was even more dire; three-quarters of the participating ships were sunk, and the wyvern riders, who had gathered the air power of the Second Civilization Area, were annihilated. This outcome brought fear and despair to the entire world, leading nations to surrender to the Gra Valkas Empire without a fight.

. . .

Ministry of Defense, Holy Mirishial Empire

"This... can't be..."

Information regarding the Battle of Baltica reached the Military Affairs Bureau. From that moment, the entire room descended into chaos.

"What...? This can't be happening!"

"Could it be misinformation? Such a massive fleet being repelled...?"

"To be defeated by a civilization ignorant of magic...? This must be some mistake!"

Despite mobilizing an unprecedented military force and risking everything in a major naval battle, they suffered defeat. And to add insult to injury, they were defeated even after deploying ancient weapons.

"Surely... something like this couldn't have happened..."

Among them, Admiral Kling is the most shaken. The estimation of the Gra Valkan fleet's strength was centered around him, and the deployment of forces was based on his assumptions. While there was some confusion due to information about weapons from Japan, they made up for it, believing they were fully prepared and confident in victory. But it turned out to be an unexpected defeat.