Chapter 3 - Pride of a Great Power

Happy (Belated) New Year.

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 6 Month 10 Year 1639 Central Calendar

Japanese diplomatic envoy makes first contact with Mu. It is revealed that both sides were friendly nations 12.000 years ago. Later, a trade treaty is concluded.

Day 24 Month 11

The Parpaldia Empire invades the Kingdom of Altaras.

Day 27 Month 11

The Kingdom of Altaras falls. It becomes a vassal of the Parpaldia Empire.

End of Month 11

Princess Lumies and other Altaran refugees are attacked by pirates in the northern Rodenius Continent, but are rescued by the patrol ship Shikishima. Subsequently, they seek asylum in Japan.

Day 5 Month 12

In the Kingdom of Topa, forces led by the Demon King Nosgorath invades from the continent of Grameus. On the same day, the Gates of the World are breached.

Day 19 Month 12

Responding to the Kingdom of Topa's request for assistance, a Ground Defense Force unit is dispatched and lands.

Day 22 Month 12

The unit successfully eliminates the Demon King Nosgorath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 20 Month 12

While the Demon King's Army wreaked havoc in the Kingdom of Topa, something unusual was happening off the coast of Esthirant, the capital of the Parpaldia Empire. Pucarate, a section leader of the 18th Wyvern Rider Brigade's 2nd Squadron, was flying in a patrol in the waters southeast of Esthirant on top his wyvern lord mount.

"...Hmm?"

As he stared at the horizon, he felt a sense of unease and spoke aloud.

"Captain, is something wrong?"

He noticed the voice and his subordinate spoke up.

"I see something at 11 o'clock."

Upon being told, he looked in that direction and saw multiple shadows on the sea surface.

"...Are those... ships?"

"I think so, but something's off."

Although he couldn't see clearly yet, he felt something odd about the shape of the approaching ships.

"W-what are those!?"

As they drew closer, they appeared incredibly massive, and moreover, they had no sails.

"N-no way... Magic ships! Are we under attack from Mirishial!?"

"Captain, a rotating turret-like object can be seen in the bow! It might be a Muish naval vessel!"

Upon closer inspection prompted by his subordinate's words, he indeed confirmed the presence of what seemed to be single-gun turrets.

"Contact that fleet through manacomm!"

"Sir."

Pucarate also hurriedly took out a manacomm and yelled.

"Emergency, emergency! This is the 1st Section of the 2nd Squadron of the 18th Wyvern Rider Brigade! We are patrolling the southeast sea area of the Imperial Capital and have spotted multiple ships believed to be magic ships! We have also confirmed ships equipped with what appear to be rotating turrets! There is a strong possibility that they belong to Mirishial or Mu! They are currently sailing towards the Imperial Capital! I say again—"