Chapter 17 - Imminent War

Day 15 Month 6 Year 1642 Central Calendar

Mirishial, Mu, Japan, and Agartha visited the former Leiforia's Leifor Branch Office to jointly demand that the Gra Valkas Empire withdraw from the Second Civilization Area, but it ended in failure. On the other hand, the Gra Valkas Empire demanded information about the Eastern Expeditionary Fleet, but it wasn't given.

Negotiations broke down, and the four countries agreed to continue the state of war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Japanese Embassy, Holy Mirishial Empire

About a month after the conclusion of the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference, the Japanese embassy had become bustling as never before.

"I have come as the representative of His Excellency, Duke Beilman of the Duchy of Gillisiera. My name is Rusty."

Gillisiera is a noble territory of the Kingdom of Revizuela, located in the northern part of the Millicent continent, east of the kingdom. Rusty is one of the close aides to the monarch, Beilman, and serves as the ambassador to Mirishial.

"We have long heard rumors about your country. Destroying the mighty Kingdom of Louria on the Rodenius Continent without any losses, unilaterally defeating the once powerful Parpaldia Empire in the Third Civilization Area, and also being active in repelling the recent attack by the Gra Valkas Empire."

"Please, our actions were merely to defend ourselves. It's not as exaggerated as it's being portrayed," Kondō, serving as the ambassador to Mirishial, responded.

"You're being too modest. The achievements of your country so far are not something anyone can accomplish. Besides, you are now figures of the moment. You must confidently and proudly engage with the envoys from various countries who look up to your country, or else you may lose respect."

"Thank you for the advice, we'll keep that in mind."

With these words, Rusty's advice was brushed aside.

After the conclusion of the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference, the attending countries began to move in anticipation of the future situation. At the same time, the other countries began to engage in information warfare. For the countries caught in the aftermath of this conference, which brings together the major powers of the world, it is a crucial opportunity to assess the future direction of their own countries. Therefore, investigations are conducted through all means to determine what discussions took place.

And what became apparent from this conference was the significant presence of newly emerging countries. The Gra Valkas Empire and Japan were already a topic of discussion due to their feats of overcoming major powers. While the Third Civilization Area was undoubtedly important, even the Second Civilization Area had its attention, but the First Civilization Area hadn't paid much attention. For them, the most significant entity was the Holy Mirishial Empire, reigning at the pinnacle of the world, whose might is well-known to all. Despite their victories, they were still considered foreign to the civilization areas, not reaching the level of the Central World they comprised. Despite this belief, the battle at the Folk Strait left the Holy Mirishial Empire behind.

Initially dismissed as misinformation by many, similar information soon surfaced from multiple sources, leading to the conclusion that it was indeed true. The Gra Valkas Empire could possibly possess power surpassing even the Mirishial Empire, and it was Japan that repelled them. It was natural for other countries to rush to establish relations.

"Now, let's get down to business."

It was already tiresome to count how many times Kondō had been showered with flowery platitudes and flattery, so much so that he had started to tune out those kinds of words altogether.