002. Play along

NAILEA'S POV

social media, messages, real life

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
🎀 — NAILEA'S HOME

Waking up to a bunch of notifications blowing up my phone wasn't what I expected. "Oh my god." Was all I could say as I tried to cover my ears with my pillow. My phone has been blowing up since like 1am last night.

After a minute or at least I think, my ringtone started playing, making me move the pillow and lean forward while I grabbed my phone. The contact picture showed my sister so I picked up, fully expecting her to be calling about her boy problems.

"Have you checked insta? You're fucking trending on every social media app because you're dating the paige bueckers." My sister, Eliana rambles. I'm trying to take in what she's saying but the fact that I wasn't fully awake was not helping.

"Bro what? Can you speak slower and way quieter." My half open eyes glancing around in hope of it waking me up.

She sent me a link so I opened the message, seeing a lot of messages from her. Focusing on the recent one though it was a post from some account named "Paige updates." First thing I observed from the whole thing was how good of a picture they got of Paige and me. The real problem is what the tweet was talking about.

First off it started with the words "Breaking news" which is dumb because the situation can't be that serious but as I read the rest, I realized how bad this was. Alarmed by the fact that a post talking about me and paige being together, I jumped up out of my bed.

"Shit. Shit. What the hell is this Eliana!" I shouted, probably waking my roommate up. "I'm not dating her! I lied, i've never even talked to her!" Now I was the one rambling.

At this point I was freaking out, I mean sure I definitely wouldn't mind dating Paige but having her find out about me like this is embarrassing.

I hung up on my sister and whipped my head towards the clock on my dresser, looking at the time say 12pm and went to the bathroom. I was supposed to be at practice a hour ago but slept in because of all the damn notifications.

My towel was already in here so I didn't have to worry about that but I did forget to set my uniform out. I open the bathroom door and jog to my room, going straight to my drawer and pulling out my uniform then jog back to the bathroom and got in the shower.

After my shower, I put on my uniform and tied my hair up then walked out of the house with my car keys. There was no point of eating anything for breakfast since i'd probably stop and get something.

When I arrived everybody turned to look at me and someone started whistling. "Ooh ooh. If it isn't Mrs.trending, glad you finally decided to join us." My friend hanna yells as she walks towards me. I groaned and crossed my eyes.

"So you all know too? And don't call me that, it's reminding me of how much I should shut my mouth sometimes." Hanna giggles and pulls me towards the court.

We were doing our exercises and all she wanted to ask about was if I was actually dating paige. It was clear that I was getting annoyed at some point and yet she wouldn't be quiet.

To my delight, our other friend sloane smacked her upside the head and told her to stop pestering me which made me giggle.

Practice went by fast since our coach decided to let us off easy today. When I got home it was almost 6pm, gives me more time to clear the rumor up and let myself relax.

After a shower I changed into a pink long sleeve fitted shirt with some low rise grey sweatpants. I sat at my desk with my phone and went live.

As soon as it started, more people than usual joined. There was a shocked look on my face as I watched the viewers come in. "wait — wait. Where are all the new people coming from?" I stared at my phone in bafflement.

paigesgf
my gf was talking abt u

soulless_ni
girl you bad. i see why paige
is dating you

"Wow. I didn't know Paige had nice fans, swear I thought y'all would come in here threatening me." I giggle and for a moment I thought about how much she must love her fans. People started spamming Paige name which was confusing me until i saw a familiar user in the comments.

paigebueckers
Add me

I quickly leaned closer to my phone, almost falling and went through the viewers until her account popped up. I added her and it took a few minutes for her screen to load before she popped up looking pretty as always.

Despite how confident I act online, she was making me nervous even through the screen. "Damnn I didn't know my girlfriend was this pretty." She says, setting the phone down. My mouth curved into a teasing smile. I tilt my head slightly and bite my lip, enjoying this a little too much.

"You're talking about me right? When you said the word girlfriend." I swallow the lump in my throat. One of her eyebrows was raised with a grin planted onto her lip. "I mean you're the only one that recently outed our amazing, secretive, healthy, relationship." She jokingly states, making me laugh.

"Would you believe me if I said I wasn't talking about you?" I say, trying to save the situation. Paige ran her fingers through her soft looking hair. "I don't think so since you used my full name when addressing me as your girlfriend."

The tightness in my chest intensifies as I listen to her finish her sentence. She was making me nervous without even trying. "Yeah you're right. My apologies, my lady." I observed her background as she read comments and let out laughs because of some of them. "Is kk arnolddd there?" I ask, completely out of nowhere.

Her head moved up slowly with her eyes squinted. "Not you already trying to cheat on me, I see how it is Nailea." After she said that my mouth drops open in surprise that she just said that.

"Whattt! Don't lie in front of these people like this." We both smile at each other before someone's voice in the background says. "I'm starting to believe that y'all might actually be together."