Chapter 19

Whitney's POV

As the week went on we spent our days exploring and talking and laughing like old friends. He spent a day driving us up to wine country and tasting the best wines I've ever had in my life. He ended up buying a ton of the ones I like and had them shipped home. I kept fighting him on spending money on me but he constantly waved me off. There were a couple days he had meetings with Enzo and he spent a lot of time talking in hushed tones on the phone with who I'm assuming was Tommy about Jacob. The nights we've spent tangled up together with him continuing to respect my boundaries of no shirt fully off.

One evening we had a minor setback when he tried to turn me around for a different position and I had a small freak out. But he understood and gave me my space when I needed it. The days he wasn't with me all day I spent by the pool with a book or reading through chart updates Annie and Molly sent me. This was truly more than I could ever hope for in terms of a vacation and in terms of getting to know Declan.

I know he was painted out to be a ruthless and hard individual. Someone men feared and women wanted for power and status. But there was so much more to him under the surface. He was actually incredibly charismatic and kind. He had such a fun sense of humor and was very intelligent. He was an amazing listener and so patient when I was struggling. He was far more than I would ever deserve and I'm not sure how it happend. Thinking about where we stood made my head hurt. With the wedding coming up I was finding myself daydreaming about the future. A future with him and his friends and the friends I've made. A future with little blue eyed babies running around. That was a dangerous spot for me.

"What are you thinking about?" He pulled me from my spiraling thoughts back to reality.

"Oh nothing just how crazy this has all been." I stammered looking out over the edge of the balcony.

"Good crazy? Bad crazy?" I could hear the slight worry in his voice.

"Both kinds it's just been a whirlwind is all it isn't a bad thing just scary is all." I smiled back at him and took the glass of weather he was offering to me.

"I understand but we're in it together now Doc." He smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. A sharp knock from the front door caused me to freeze.

Nobody had disturbed us at all the entire time we had been here unless we ordered room service. But I didn't recall ordering anything and Declan hadn't mentioned it to me.

A mischievous grin spread over his face as he led me back into the room. Making his way to the door he pulled it open speaking very fast Italian. Before I knew what was happening our room was flooded with people and boxes I recognized as makeup and hair kits. The room service attendant followed closely behind and began setting up the bar in the kitchen with a spread of food.

"I ordered us some breakfast and then set up these people to help you get ready for tonight. I have some stuff I have to help Enzo with today so I wanted to make sure you were taken care of." My heart fluttered thinking about the time and consideration it took to get this all set up for me. I don't think a man other than Pops has ever been this considerate of my feelings.

"You didn't have to do that." I smiled back at him as he handed me a plate to fix with some of the food laid out.

"Of course I did, the most beautiful girl there tonight is going to be you. I just want to make sure you feel like it." He placed a small kiss on my temple causing my face to wildly heat up.

"Well thank you it means a lot." I smiled at him taking my seat at the table

After we finished up our breakfast Declan planted a soft kiss on my cheek and told me he would be back to get me around seven. After he left I was quickly whisked away to the chair set up in the center of the room while the team got to work.