Chapter 12: "Moonlit Declarations

Luna hesitated for a moment before knocking on Maxim's door. Caroline, Maxim's mother, welcomed her warmly and informed her that Maxim was in his room. Luna climbed the stairs, her heart pounding in anticipation. When she opened the door without knocking, she was met with an unexpected sight - Maxim standing topless.

**Maxim:** (casually) Oh, hey, Luna. What brings you here?

Luna, trying to maintain composure, couldn't help but blush at the sight of Maxim's physique.

**Luna:** (nervously) I... um, just wanted to ask you about tomorrow.

**Maxim:** (curious) Why are you blushing, Luna?

Caught off guard, Luna stammered, unable to give a coherent response. Maxim, noticing her discomfort, took a step closer.

**Maxim:** (seriously) Are you okay, Luna?

**Luna:** (flustered) I'm fine. What did you want to ask about tomorrow?

Maxim repeated his question, asking if Luna was ready for the upcoming event. Luna, still feeling the effect of the unexpected encounter, struggled to concentrate.

**Maxim:** (gentle) Luna, what's going on? You seem a bit distracted.

**Luna:** (awkwardly) It's nothing, really. I'm just... thinking.

Maxim, sensing Luna's unease, unexpectedly pulled her into a hug. Luna's heart raced at the proximity.

**Maxim:** (softly) It's going to be okay, Luna. Tomorrow will be special.

---

Luna and Kelsey visited the salon to prepare for the party. Luna decided to change her hair color to a bold blue-black, while Kelsey opted for curly hair. Amidst the transformation, they excitedly discussed the party, speculating about who would attend and whether the Heartbreakers would make an appearance.

Friday night arrived, and the party was in full swing. Jersey, Adam, Kelsey, Dom, and Johnny were present. Maxim introduced Zach and Lauren to Luna, widening their social circle.

The moment arrived when Adam announced that he and Jersey were in a relationship, surprising everyone, given their history of animosity. Johnny, curious about Adam's change of heart, inquired about his feelings for Jersey.

**Adam:** (reflective) It's the simplicity, Johnny. Sometimes, you find beauty in unexpected places.

The party continued, and Maxim gathered the Heartbreakers for a special performance. Luna, engrossed in their rendition of "Perfect" by One Direction, was visibly moved during the chorus.

But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms
And if you like having secret little rendezvous
If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do
Then baby, I'm perfect
Baby, I'm perfect for you
And if you like midnight driving with the windows down
And if you like going places we can't even pronounce
If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about
Then baby, you're perfect
Baby, you're perfect
So let's start right now

After the performance, Maxim approached Luna, a determined glint in his eyes. To everyone's surprise, he knelt down.

**Maxim:** (looking up at Luna) Luna, will you be my girlfriend?

The room filled with cheers and applause as Luna stood there, shocked by Maxim's unexpected gesture.

**Luna:** (stammering) Maxim, you don't have to kneel. Just stand up.

**Maxim:** (smiling) Luna, please.

Overwhelmed by the moment, Luna finally responded.

**Luna:** (smiling) Yes, Maxim, I will be your girlfriend.

Maxim's joy overflowed as he stood, kissed Luna's hand, and professed his love. Their friends erupted in excitement, witnessing the union of Maxim Collin and Luna McKelly - a perfect blend of cool charisma and strong resilience.

As they danced and celebrated into the night, Maxim and Luna embraced the beginning of a new chapter in their lives, illuminated by the moonlit declarations of love and friendship. The Heartbreakers, true to their name, had melted the hearts of Luna and her friends, marking a night to remember.