8 | Infected.

Oscar

You can pick them up tomorrow

Me

Okay thank you

Andie stared at the text, finger hovering over the power button. The phone clicked shut so she pocketed in and looked up.

Oscar was her neighbour from a few doors down. Everyone knew he dealt drugs, even Andie. She had called him after she found out and he agreed to get her the pills to get rid of it. Her phone buzzed again, pulling her out of her thoughts.

Maddieee🌺

You should really sleep over again!!

It was so funnnnn

Me

It wassss and we shoulddddd

The sleepover at Maddie yesterday had been so fun. They had stayed up watching Marvel movies and eating chips until they fell asleep and the next morning Maddie's mom had made them breakfast. Andie had discovered her love for waffles and Maddie had made her bring some home with her. Maddie's mom was really nice, she had an aura around her, like she was someone Andie felt like she would like going forward. They were similar, Maddie and her mom and the redhead had never felt that with Lilly and her parents. Yes, they let her sleep over but they could say small remarks on Andie's appearance or clothes. Once Lilly had made fun of Andie's favourite t-shirt and Lilly's mom had chimed in and told her to dress less childlike. After that, Andie never wore that shirt again. Her allowance that her dad gave her didn't let her buy a whole new wardrobe if she wanted to. It went to the essentials, shampoo and conditioner and stuff like that. If she was lucky she could save a few bucks each month so that eventually she could buy a used piece of clothing. Somehow Lilly's family couldn't accept that so Andie stopped coming around.

Scarlett picked up Andie at 3 pm the next day and they drove to her house. During the ride they sang along to Andie's playlist, which mostly consisted of Taylor Swift.

"Cause he was sunshine, I was midnight rain!" Andie sang loudly and handed the pretend mic to Scarlett.

"He wanted it comfortable, I wanted that pain." Scarlett sang, a laugh lingering behind her words.

"He wanted a bride, I was making my own name." Andie took the mic back to herself before moving it to Scarlett again.

"Chasing that fame, he stayed the same!" Scarlett smiled, glancing over at Andie in the passenger seat.

"So, have you decided on a movie?" Andie smirked at the question and reached for the remote just as Scarlett sat down next to Andie with a bowl of popcorn.

Andie clicked into Disney plus and scrolled to the search bar. It took ages to type in the name of the movie.

"Ms Peregrines home for peculiar children." Scarlett read from the search bar. "I've never seen that one before."

"It's so good, you're really missed something" Andie pressed play with her left hand, the skin on her lower arm tightening as she moved it around.

Her left lower arm had a white gauze taped stuck with white tape and she didn't want Scarlett to see that. Therefore, she had chosen a long sleeved tight black shirt. The other burns on her body were almost healed by now, but not her arm. But that was her own fault. She had purposely made the burns on her arm 10 times worse and she was sure they would scar a little.