16 | Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

A week passed but Scarlett didn't stop texting. Somehow, Andie just got even angrier when she didn't text.

She had managed to get a job at a small cafe and taken a leave of absence from school. Maddie had told her that she could stay in the apartment for as long as she'd like. Andie figured that she would stay all summer break and maybe drop out of school in the fall. Either way, she was done with Hartford but more importantly, she was done with family.

Maddie had told her to stay throughout summer break in the studio so Andie had her mind set on getting an apartment before the summer break came to an end.

Somehow she had found a job at a nearby cafe. She loved working as a barista but didn't love people quite as much. They were loud, annoying and obnoxious. Honestly, they could fuck off just like every other person eventually did. Everyone always left.

That's why Andie didn't push people away, she just speed up the process of them leaving her.

Two weeks later, Andie woke up at around 9. It was her only day off this week. Not that she was complaining, but she was exhausted. The girl slid out of bed, tucking her feet into a pair of fluffy white slippers. Then she walked over to the small kitchen and opened the fridge. It didn't contain a lot, mostly bread toppings and water. Andie grabbed some butter and ham to make a sandwich when someone knocked on her door. The girl groaned, put the stuff back in the fridge and walked over to the door. It creaked a little when Andie opened it. Outside was someone she wasn't prepared to see.

"Scarlett?" Her word laced with anger as she spat it at the woman in front of her.

Scarlett was standing there, dressed in a pair of blue jeans with a white blouse an a claw-clip that tied back her blonde hair. Andie felt her blood boil at the sight of her.

"Andie." Scarlett responded, her hands moving to her hips as she glared at Andie.

The girl who was still dressed in her long sleeved pyjama top with matching pants raised her eyebrows.

"How the fuck are you here?" Andie spat, narrowing her eyes and tilting her head.

"Why are you not in school?" Scarlett scolded, her green eyes blazing.

"Called in sick, it's just two weeks left of term anyways and I have good grades." Andie paused, she didn't owe this woman an explanation.

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?" Scarlett asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't have to respond to anyone, especially not to you." Andie hissed, anger piercing through her words.

"Yes you do, I'm your mother."

Andie scoffed at the irony. This woman didn't want her, if her dad hadn't stepped in Andie wouldn't even be alive.

Scarlett tilted her head in slight confusion but that soon disappeared when Andie spoke again.

"How the fuck did you find me?"

"Remember the night you got spiked at a party?" Her question brought back memories Andie thought were long gone by now.

"You never turned off your location."

Stupid stupid stupid.

"Okay, I'll do that now then." Andie tried to shut the door but Scarlett reached out and grabbed her arm.