9. Apologies

Hanni's POV:

It had been a week since the sleepover, and nothing interesting had happened- well, not for me. I've been sitting at my house for the last week. After Dani and the others took me to the hospital, the doctor advised that I should rest and avoid moving my foot as much as possible. This led to me not being able to attend school, and I'm already so behind in my studies.

Dani had been coming over to keep me company, and Haerin came with her too sometimes. But I haven't heard from Minji ever since, and it honestly bothered me how she never checked up on me, not even a text message. Ever since Hyunwoo found out, he didn't miss any chance to come over, bring me snacks and stuff, and I hated how everyone treated my small injury as something so big.

Today, I could finally join school again and get my normal life back with a normal routine that didn't consist of eating ice cream for dinner and crying over The Notebook for hours. Danielle offered to drop me off at school today, even though I told her that I could drive to school on my own. She insisted that I join her and the others on the way to school.

Danielle was exactly seven minutes late, but I decided to let her go this time. I made my way over to Dani's car and instantly noticed the familiar brunette sitting in the backseat, looking out the window as if to avoid making eye contact with me. Haerin and Dani got out of the car when they noticed me and immediately pulled me into a warm hug. Minji just gave me a smile, which I didn't have the energy to give back.

"Come on, let's get going. We're going to be late. It's so good to have you back, Hanni," Dani said as she basically pushed me into the car. Haerin sat in the passenger seat next to Danielle, and I was now sitting with Minji in the backseat.

"How are you feeling?" Minji asked, and I just nodded without looking at her.

Minji awkwardly looked around the car, and suddenly the black tint on the window seemed interesting to me. Neither of us dared to say a word and were busy with our own thoughts. Haerin put on some music, which was too loud for this early in the morning, and I felt my head starting to ache. Luckily, we arrived at the school because it wasn't that far away from the house.

I got out of the car as soon as Dani parked it. I waited for the rest to get out before I started to walk toward the school entrance. I was stopped by a hand roughly pulling me.

"Babe, you're finally back to school. You don't know how rough this week has been for me without seeing you," Hyunwoo said. I mentally rolled my eyes at his cheesy comment.

"Hyunwoo, you came over every day. What do you mean?" I replied.

"Yeah, I know, but I have something really important to talk about," he said, and I could feel his grip around my arm tighten. I pulled my arm away from him.

"Not right now. Let's talk after lunch," I said. I looked behind to see Danielle giving Hyunwoo a respectfully-fuck-off  look. Dani never liked him, and honestly, I understood why she didn't. Hyunwoo sighed and nodded, walking away and leaving us alone.

"Is he always that rude?" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. It was Minji. She was so close that I could feel her minty cold breath on my ear. I was startled and immediately turned around.

I didn't reply to Minji's statement and just rolled my eyes at her before following Danielle and Haerin, who were already walking ahead of us. I could sense Minji's confusion from behind me as I kept walking. Eventually, she followed us into the school. Why was I not talking to her? I don't know. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but if Minji were in my place and I were in hers, I would've at least checked up on Minji, at least asked her how she was doing and- Okay, maybe I was being too grumpy.