7.21

The Shaolin Temple internally discusses culpability and has always carried out public executions as a warning to the monks.

Even if Miao Zhen is the abbot's most beloved disciple, this is still the case.

The open space in front of the monastery is paved with smooth and hard bricks and is a place where monks who make mistakes are punished.

All the resident monks in Shaolin were called to supervise the execution of punishments.

Miao Zhen was wearing a gray cloth, kneeling on the cold stone bricks, lowering his head and listening quietly to Monk Kong Li, the first monk of the Discipline Academy, explaining his crimes one by one.

Killing and lust are all serious crimes. Different temples have different rules. Shaolin has strict discipline and the most severe punishments.

Sheng Shan was stopped by Miao Yuan Miao Fa. When he saw that Kong Li didn't say a single crime, Miao Zhen's shoulders trembled slightly.

Shengshan clenched his fists, pursed his lips tightly, struggled for a while, but finally did not speak.

After monk Kong Li announced the charges, he took the stick handed to him by Kong Xing and said sternly: "Miao Zhen, you can plead guilty!"

Miao Zhen closed his eyes and said, "Everything he said is true. This disciple knows his crime and asks for punishment."

He knelt straight, and the next second, Kong Li picked up the stick and hit him hard on the back.

Miao Zhen swayed and gritted his teeth without making a sound.

It was only ten sticks short, and his back could no longer straighten up. As the stick was swung, blood spattered, dyeing Miao Zhen's back scarlet.

Shengshan looked at this scene blankly.

The system clicked its tongue and said: [Ten sticks are enough, a hundred sticks are going to kill him. 】

After another ten sticks, Miao Zhen had fallen to the ground. He was struggling to hold himself up, his lips were bitten by himself.

Shengshan couldn't help but take a step, but saw a figure running out beside him.

The wonderful method that had been blocking him suddenly rushed over and knelt down. He has a dull and rigorous temperament and doesn't speak much. He just keeps kowtowing to the abbot.

Miao Yuan begged: "Master and uncle, we can't fight anymore! Senior brother Miaozhen has never practiced iron cloth shirt, and he is not good at martial arts. He can't carry a hundred sticks!"

He stretched out his hand to protect Miao Zhen, "If he continues to fight like this, he will die. Ordinary monks can bear it, but senior brothers who have not learned external skills cannot. The disciple will be punished on his behalf, and the remaining eighty sticks will be carried by the disciple. ! Senior brother is just confused. He is not worthy of death. Please ask Master!"

Monk Kongxing, who was assisting in enforcing the law, pulled Miao Yuan away. Seeing that Miao Zhen's breath was getting weaker and weaker, Miao Yuan knelt down in front of the abbot, kowtowed over and over again and begged: "Master, Master, please let my brother live."

Miaoyuan Miaofa's forehead was bruised, and the abbot didn't speak. Just call Sunyata over and take them both away.

They were controlled by other monks from the Discipline Academy, and Kong Li continued to enforce the law.

There were two bright red blood marks left where the two had knelt. When they were dragged away, they were still crying and begging.

The open space in front of the Discipline Academy was very quiet, with only the sound of sticks hitting flesh and Miao Zhen's occasional muffled groans.