Episode 8

Arjun's POV :

" Dude, She got into the 8 o clock bus from Thirumangalam. I saw her today " one boy said.

" Are you sure ?" Another one asked.

" Yeah , Tomorrow let's come soon and catch that bus. " Other boy said.

A typical conversation within a boys group in a bus. They were arts college students. And that particular college was known to be filled with louts like them. They don't go to college for education, they go there for time pass.

I shook my head on listening to their conversation. I was travelling to college on the bus and this boys group was standing beside me.

" But she puts too much scene, I know deep inside that she likes me. But she is somewhat hesitant to show." One boy said.

" Persistence is the key. Keep following behind her, where is she gonna go ?" Another one said and laughed.

" All these engineering girls are like that only. But I don't know why you like her so much " another one said and laughed.

I took a deep breath pitying the poor girl who was being followed by these idiots.

These boys have no other better job anyway. Useless human beings.

I got down at my college bus stop and walked to my department.

The classroom was almost empty with Deepika silently lying on her table.

Her threads model was lying beside her head.

I pulled a stool and sat infront of her.

I gently knocked on her table and she sat up terrified.

" Oh my god, I thought it was someone else !" She said and laughed.

" Why were lying down so sad ?" I asked her.

She pointed towards her threads model.

" And ?" I asked her raising my eyebrows.

" It got ruined in the bus today !" She said scrunching her nose.

I looked at the model and it somehow looked still nice to me.

" You are worrying about this model ?, while I am being all good even without having anything to submit " I said.

" Yeah, because Kiran Sir would give you extension. " She said.

" He would give you extra time if you ask too " I said.

She shook her head.

She looked at me and then looked back at her model.

" Is this really looking good ?" She asked me.

" Yes ! It is chaotic and would suit any art concept like modernism. Also the colours are very nicely complementing each other. Architecture is not just the work, it is also the talk" I said.

" Okay " she said and nodded her head.

She convinced herself and smiled at me.

My heart sank a bit and I coughed to look away from her.

I heard footsteps and I knew her friends were coming.

I waved to Deepika and swiftly moved to my table at the back of the classroom.

Deepika was animatedly talking with Meera and Lavanya about how her model got ruined. They were showing her their models and asking her suggestions.

Vinoth sat beside me and he too came empty handed.