Episode 9

Deepika's POV :

What an asshole !

Was he flirting with Anusha ?

Why did she touch his hand !

And Arjun let her do it ! Asshole!

I thought to myself and turned around. The class ended and I walked out to bus stop with Meera and Lavanya.

Horoscope for what ?, Libra ?

Haa, haa, As if that would help Anusha!

She flirts with literally every boy in the class. I am from all girls school and I know about girls. She seems to be the type that would talk with all sweetness and do their best to attract the attention of boys and they enjoy such attention.

I shouldn't judge Anusha with all my preconceptions, but she just doesn't feel right to me.

Maybe they were simply joking. Yeah, it might be a joke.

" Deepika, why do you look so angry?" Lavanya asked me.

" No, I don't" I said.

" You do look angry " Meera said.

I shook my head.

" By the way, did you guys know, all the hostel girls were telling that Arjun likes Anusha. He said she was his first love it seems. " Lavanya said.

I stood frozen on my feet after listening to her words.

" Deepika " Meera shook me.

I gulped hard and looked at her. I took a deep breath and joined them again.

" Did Arjun really say that ?" I asked Lavanya.

" Most probably he did. Anusha does look like his type. Both of them are extroverted and they stand out from the crowd. I have seen them talking, Arjun does look different when he talks with her." Lavanya said.

My mood suddenly dropped so low. Why do I feel so bad !

After Meera and Lavanya left, I walked alone to my bus stop.

The bus was crowded as usual. I stood with my bag.

When the bus was about to leave , a known face got in the bus.

It was Arjun. He was breathing heavily. He slowly moved through the crowd and stood beside me.

I was trying to keep my face as straight as possible.

" Did your review go well ?" He asked me.

" Yeah, It went well. Thanks for your help" I said and looked out the window. I just couldn't look at him in the eye and talk.

" Why do you look so angry? , Did I do anything wrong?" He asked me.

" This is my resting face. I am not angry and why would I be angry on you ?" I said and gave a fake laugh.

" You seem a little distant today. Everything alright?" He asked me.

" Oh, yeah, everything's fine. Just caught up in my thoughts." I said.

He bit his lower lips and hid back his mischievous smile.

With the wind blowing from the window. His long strands of hair were dancing on his forehead. He ran his fingers through his hair trying to control them. But it was of no use.

" Well, I hope those thoughts include me somehow. Wouldn't want to be left out of the loop, would you?" He asked me smirking.

What is he trying to do! Was he blushing? I couldn't control my anger anymore.