May 6th, 2024, 4:03PM

Dear Diane,

It was raining today, and I slept in entirely too long. Even for me. I woke up in the middle of the night again, but no nightmare and no creepy figure standing at the foot of my bed.

I don't really feel like writing out most of my day, so here are the highlights;

-I ate some food

-I played some Pokemon

-I thought about reading

And finally, the most interesting thing,

-I went into my attic.

So the attic, weird. I had been meaning to go up there for a while and clean out some old stuff I wasn't using anymore, and throw out the stuff that my ex didn't take with her when we broke up. The strangest thing about the attic was that, amongst all the stuff, it looks like someone has been going through my stuff up there. All the boxes were open and rummaged through. There was a thick layer of dust over everything, because it's been at least a year since she left and since anyone has been up there. Some of the stuff looked newly messed with, the dust was a lot thinner and there were handprints everywhere, like someone was crawling on their hands through the attic.

The thing is, in all the time I have spent in this house, I didn't hear a thing. I don't know if that's because of depression or something weird that I'm blocking out of my memory, but I could have sworn it's been somewhat quiet in my house, and that I haven't been up there in a long time.

Anyway, I left really quickly. The whole thing creeped me out. I'm wondering if someone is breaking in without me knowing.

I think I'll set up a hallway camera to see if it can catch whoever is going up there. Maybe Riley (my ex) still has a key and wants to mess with me.

The whole energy of the house seems off right now.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Sincerely, Diane