Chapter 1

"BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!"

Levi awoke that morning due to the piercing beeps from his alarm clock.
He slowly opened his tired eyes, squinting as the clock.

"....Shitty clock," he mumbled as he slowly sat himself up, turning it off and rubbing his eyes.

Today was Wednesday, meaning he would have to go back into his, still new, line of work. It had been almost 3 years since the Titans were officially destroyed, and the town wall had been rebuilt, to make it more vast in size; They weren't just going to give up the good land that they had for themselves inside the wall, but they did, however, have nice paved roads that would allow you to leave the town, and travel to different places outside of it.

To show even more advanced technologies that they had, one of the science departments were able to come up, and make, the idea of a "car". Levi found it to be strange, though he considered on buying one, but not at the moment. He still had his old black horse from the Survey Corps.

Yawning and squinting at the sunlight that trickled through the shut blinds of his bedroom window, he got up, trudging over towards his closet to grab something to wear into work. As he opened its large, solid oak doors, he immediately saw his Survey Corps uniform. He studied it over for a moment, remembering exactly how everything was at that time, how he worn that almost every single day. And how many people he saw die with it.....

Levi shook his head.

'No, that was then, this is now...Just....don't think about it..'

He looked away from his uniform and over towards his other clothes. Eventually, he grabbed a nicer dark-gray button up, with black pants on a shelf beneath it. But, he couldn't help flash one last glance over at his uniform, then quickly closing the doors.

As his mind began to wander back towards the subject of his war-days, he quickly pushed them away with the thought of his job as he walked to his bathroom.

He had worked a pretty good job. It was in the science field. Not to mention the fact that he had two of the people he knew that worked with him. Erwin and Hanji. Of course, Hanji had to be there, considering she lived and breathed science. Erwin, who knows. Maybe he was there because it promised success and discovery. Levi himself hadn't known why he himself had really taken it, as well. Now that he thought about it, it did seem pretty intreging. Maybe it went in for it the same reasons Erwin did. And, probably because he actually knew people there.

Once in his bathroom, he set his new clothes on the counter, then stripped off his pajamas, jumping into the shower. He turned the knob and started to run the warm water, standing beneath the stream of fresh steaming water. Putting shampoo on his hand and scrubbing it through his hair, he kept thinking about the job he'd have to go into today.

He remembered Hanji saying something about skin-cell multiplication, or skin-graphing. She kept saying about how she was working on it for a special reason, and then went on to throwing the subject into it relating to reviving someone back to life. Whenever Levi questioned about why she was considering doing something as hard as that, considering it would be impossible, Hanji would just interupt him and say that he would see for himself in the future.

See for himself in the future, huh? Although, it would be nice to see some people who died to be brung back....

Then, he mind wandered off to something else. His two best friends; Isabel and Farlan.

'Isabel...Farlan...'

The names in his mind seemed to send a shiver down his spine.