Chapter 6

"Just put him on one of the examining tables," said Hanji's voice behind Levi's shoulder, as he walked towards one of those exact tables.

It was made of a shining metal, glints of light bouncing off of it from the tall examining lamp above it.

Carefully, the smaller male placed Farlan down on the table, wincing as he saw that he was still shaking horribly. Almost as soon as he started to step back from the table, letting go of Farlan, the boy let out a screech, keeping a tight grip on Levi's shirt as he sat there.

"-DON'T GO!" he wailed, tears rivering down his cheeks as his head quickly lifted, staring into Levi's eyes.

The boy's eyes were full of terror, which Levi found hard to look away from.

"...You're going to be fine," Levi finally managed to muster, carefully placing a hand over his friend's.

"I'm not going to leave you.."

Almost as soon as those words were spoken, Levi could feel the other's tension die away, a soft sigh erupting from the other, making him slowly look down.

Then, a sudden rattling sounded behind Levi, making him turn to look. Hanji was pushing over a small metal cart, surgical instruments on top of it, chattering as the cart moved.

"Hold him down, could you, Levi?" she called to him, focusing on the sight of Farlan.

"I need him as still as possible for when I do this."

Once again, Farlan's head snapped up, eyes widened as his jaw opened with a silent gasp.

Narrowing his eyes, Levi held out a hand to Hanji, making her almost stop.

"That won't be necessary- I'll give him his shot."

Blinking, Hanji finished walking over the cart, and her eyes flickered up to meet the smaller man's, curiosity showing in a some-what startled manner.

"You? What do you mean you'll do it?- I always give it to him!"

Her voice began to rise in pitch, clearly disliking what Levi wanted.

"-It doesn't matter, I want to. Therefore, I will."

Stomping her foot, Hanji put her hands on her hips, irritated.

"But I always-!-"

"-That doesn't matter!" spat Levi, his voice darkening.

"Can't you tell that he's afraid of you?!"

This then caused Hanji to immediately go still, silencing herself.

Looking away, she closed her eyes, eventually sighing moments later.

"...Alright, fine..Go ahead.."

Keeping his eyes narrowed at settled on Hanji, he reached out, pulling the cart closer towards him, before turning back around to face his shaking friend.

"..Hey there," mumbled Levi, softening his look as he stared at the other, who now sat in a curled up ball.

"She's not going to touch you, anymore, ok..?"

Slowly, the shaking blonde looked up at Levi.

"...R-Really..?" he said in a weak voice.

Nodding Levi reached over towards the cart, keeping his eyes on Farlan as he felt a bottle, grabbing it. He brought it towards himself, glancing down at it.

Medical alcohol.

"Of course," murmered Levi, feeling a soft smile creep onto him lips, trying to calm the shaking young man.

"From now on, I'll give you your medicine, ok?"

Farlan's eyes widened a little, however he didn't seem to look as frightened as before.

"Hey," said Levi, quickly. "I'm not going to hurt you, ok?

After a moment's hesitation, the blonde nodded carefully.

Then, suddenly, a soft, weak smile grew onto Farlan's lips as he looked up at Levi.

'He's..He's smiling at me.."

This made Levi's heart skip a beat, the sight causing a feeling of relief and joy fill up inside of him. Farlan smiled at him...

"Alright," said the older male after a moment, looking towards the cart, grabbing a patch of cotton, thus applying a bit of the alcohol onto it.

"Hold out your arm for me Farlan."