Chapter 3

Levi squinted through the light, it blinding him at first. It seemed as though the sunlight was brighter since Humanity's victory.

Once his eyes were adjusted, Levi walked along his sidewalk towards the side of his house. He then walked towards the back of it, a large field behind his house with a wooden fence covering the whole perimeter. Walking up to the gate and opening it, Levi walked inside, thus wandering over towards a small barn towards the upper front-side of the gate. He unlatched a rusty metal chain and hook keeping two large and distressed-looking barn doors sealed tightly, their red paint seeming to chip off from the weather.

Stepping quietly into the barn, which was dark, the only light coming from the upper cutouts, Levi could make out the large figure which lay in the middle of the barn floor, the floor being covered in hay. He whistled softly, clapping his hands together.

"Come on, Maximus, we gotta go."

The large figure then suddenly started to rise, stepping towards Levi slowly and carefully. Stepping out of the barn and into the sunlight of outside, the figure followed. By the time both were outside, the figure could be seen clearly.

It was Levi's sleek black horse, now known as Maximus. He never had time to think about what to address his horse in the military; he never had time for it.

Bending down and grabbing a saddle and a pair of reins off the ground in front of the barn, Levi put them on his horse, then leading it towards the gravel driveway.

Jumping up onto his horse, Levi took hold of the reins, then giving them a whack.

"GET!" he yelled.

His horse gave a loud whinny, then began to trot down the driveway and onto the cobblestone road. It turned, trotting down the street and into town, both passing small shops along the path. The horse didn't even seem to need Levi to help guide it where to go, it seem to know for this was a daily routine for the both of them.

Getting towards the edge of the town, them kept going, eventually leaving it 10 minutes later of continuous trotting. A small while after leaving the town, a tall, almost castle-like, building became clear in the distance. Levi pulled back on the reins to slow his horse once they came to riding up to the place.

And castle-like this place was, indeed. The cobblestone to make the place seemed to look old. A large white sign hung on the opening of it to where it lead to large glass doors, that said:

"Omni-Corps:
For the Better of Humanity"

His horse, approaching the building, toward a turn to the right, trotting into a small parking lot on the side of the building, the lot itself being made of dry dirt.

Coming up to a spot to park a horse, Levi jumped down, tying his horse's reins to a pole that was in front of his horse.

"I'll be back later," he promised his horse, patting the side of its face.

Levi then strud back around to the front, pulling his keys out from his pocket. Walking up to the glass doors, Levi put a key into a small lock by it's silver handle, then turning it. A small rumble inside of it told Levi that it had opened, pulling his key back out and then opening the door.

The inside of the building, that looked ancient from outside, was nowhere near ancient.

The walls were a shining white, almost seeming to have a glass coating on them. The floor was placed with a gray shade of hardwood, shining in the light from bulid in pot-lights that were in the ceiling above. In front of Levi, stood a set of double rod-iron doors, a lock on those as well. He strode forwards towards them, thumbing through his keys to find the right one. He eventually came across it; a long, skinny key with a bronze coating over it. Jamming it into the lock, it unlocked for him, thus pushing the door open, the door's hinges squealing softly.