Chapter 4

That was really bad! I hope Taylor can forgive me. I mean, it was an honest mistake! And then, to make much more difficult, Austin kissed my cheek! Oh god... He kissed me! Well, on the cheek, but... That's still something! Isn't it?

"Ouch..." I heard Lexi say. I was so into my thoughts of Austin that I didn't notice I was walking towards the study hall and I had bumped into Lexi.

"Sorry! I was a little... umm, distracted." I said a little confused.

"Yes I can see that..." She replied raising an eyebrow. "What happened there? With Taylor and Austin?!" she asked curiously. 

Oh right, we were just in front of everyone in the school. Anybody could've heard us fighting. 

 "Come with me." I told her, yanking her arm and directing us to a place where we could be alone.

We sat in the school library awkwardly staring at the tall wooden bookshelves and glass tables, each adorned with a little flower in a pot. I had just finished explaining to Lexi all the details she had missed and we were both letting sink in what had just happened. I started playing with the little margarita on the pot. Finally, Lexi broke the silence.

"That was a bad move Kylie..." she said, looking disappointed.

"Wha- what do you mean?"

"Oh I dont know!" She replied sarcastically, "Probably the fact that you introduced your boyfriend as a 'friend'. Why the hell did you do that?!" she was making me go crazy.

"I- I just-" I stammered. I couldn't finish my sentence because Alexis interrupted.

"Well, you have a boyfriend and it's your duty to treat him and make him feel like what he is. And Austin... Well, I guess we can find him someone new... I heard he's not dating." Lexi began to calm herself down.

I just stared at her, knowing where this was going. I know Lexi pretty well.

"And well... I'm single after all!" she smirked,

"Lexi-" I began 

"Its a perfect idea!" She interrupted "Me and Austin!"

I stared blankly at her "But...I- I just..." I didn't know what to say. Lexi is my best friend and I can't be jealous because I have Taylor and I just met Austin an hour ago!

"Well, I think that means I won't be single for long!" She smirked.

I watched Lexi as she rose from her seat, strutting out of the library.

"Where are you going?!" I blurted.

"To go meet Austin!" She chirped.

The next thing I did was close my eyes, put my head in the table, place my arms around it, and just think and relax.

***

*Austin's POV*

"Hey." a sultry voice said as I felt a hand go up my arm. I smirked. Another girl, trying to get my attention. This will be fun. I turned around to find a pretty girl with black hair and bright green eyes. Hmm, nice. She is pretty hot and her cheerlader uniform with that short skirt really showed off her great legs, they really caught my attention. Still, I couldn't get Kylie out of my head. For some reason, I still haven't figured, Kylie had made an impression on me like no other girl had. Maybe it was her head-strong yet vulnerable personality or her cute blushing. Maybe, it was just her. I don't know. But, when she sat with me, it felt like I had met her a long time ago, still I had just met her. It didn't hurt that she had an amazing body and her sandy brown curls went perfectly with her baby blue eyes. She was hot. 

I was pulled back to the conversation by the black-haired hottie when she spoke again. "You're Austin, right" she said with sparkling eyes. "I'm Alexis, but you can call me Lexi, if you want." she continued. Lexi is very hot and her sweet voice is tempting, but I have no interest in her. I am looking for something more, something.. deeper. I don't think Lexi could give me that. Besides, Kylie kept popping in my head, and I preffered Kylie's looks over Lexi's.

She began to squeeze my bicep and said, "Oohh, do you work out?" she smiled suggestively.

I sighed as I started to reject her gently, but she interrupted. "Stop. I didn't come to ask you out" she laughed, "It's fun flirting with you, but It's obvious that you're attracted to Kylie."

Her words cut me out short. "Well... I-" I stuttered.

"Its okay, Austin" Lexi interrupted. "I just wanted to add a new guy to my firends list.." she said, a little embarassed.

"A friends list?" I asked. I have no idea what that is.

"Yeah, where I write who are my new friends, who are my friends and who are not, just to keep track!" she laughed a little. I was amused, I've never heard of that, but it was really clever. "Talking about friends, I have a friend, named Kylie! I came here at first to talk to you about her." Kylie. It seemed like Lexi knew I was really into my thoughts of Kylie and she just laughed and got me out of them.

"Hello? Anybody there? Austin!" 

"Umm, can we talk about her in lunch?" I asked. She quickly nodded and waved a goodbye. I watched her as she skipped off leaving me alone in my locker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: 

Thank you for reading the chapter! Leave your thoughts about the story in the comments. What do you think will happen in the next chapter? Don't forget to vote! Sorry I uploaded this a little bit late, I was pretty busy with school.

~ Gabby  x