Chapter 24

*Kylie's POV*

~A week later~

It's finally the weekend after a long week of studying and school. Right now, I’m sitting in my bed with my computer checking out some of Forever 21's latest clothes. I still can't take my mind off what happened last week at the movies.

~Flashback~

"Can't repeat the past? Of course you can!" said Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie, The Great Gatsby.

I glanced at the seats in front of me to see Rebecca hugging Taylor's arm. Rebecca poked Taylor's shoulder and quickly, Taylor turned his head towards her. Suddenly, Rebecca moved her head to Taylor, puckered her lips and kissed him.

When she pulled away, Taylor looked surprised. After a few seconds, Taylor stood up and made his way to the exit.

"Taylor, wait! Taylor!" Rebecca shouted, running to the exit.

Everybody diverted their attention to her and told her to be quiet.

Once Rebecca was out of sight, I turned back to watching the movie.

I felt an arm wrap around my back. I laid my head on Austin's shoulder and let him kiss my forehead.

"What a show..." I mumbled.

Austin chuckled and turned back to the movie.

~End of flashback~

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone started to ring.

"Hi Austin!" I said happily through the phone.

"Hey babe, wanna go out?" Austin asked.

"Sure, where?" I questioned

"Hmm... It's a surprise." he replied playfully.

"Oh, can't wait! When?”

"Be there in thirty minutes. Wear something nice."

"Okay I'm gonna wear some overalls."

"Okay. Wait, what?"

I laughed, "Baby, I’m just kidding!"

"Oh... You scared me" He chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'll wear something nice." I said.

"Good, love you!"

"Love you too." I said before hanging up.

I stood in my closet, wondering what to wear... Got it! I un-hooked a short dress from a hanger. The white dress had a nice print on it, which consisted of pink, blue, and black stripes with thick black zigzag lines. It was tight on my waist, then loose and with a pocket on the top left. I decided to wear a black hat with it to make it look more stylish and hooped earrings matching its colors. After applying my makeup, I put on my black heels and stared at my reflection in the mirror. Perfect.

My cellphone vibrated, I unlocked it to see a new text from Austin.

"Babe I'm here :)"

I smiled. I just love when he calls me babe.

I made my way downstairs and opened the front door to find Austin standing there. He had a brown box with a red ribbon in his hands.

"Hey Austin. What's that?" I questioned.

"Something for you, Kyles" he responded with a cheeky grin while handing me the box.

I smiled, "You shouldn't have."