Chapter 15

*Kylie's POV*

After a long hot shower, I opened my drawers and looked for something fresh to wear in this hot day. I took hold of my high-waisted jean shorts and picked out a random white tee. I put on the shorts and tucked in my shirt. After applying a light layer of makeup, I put my hair into a high bun. Next, I put on my Tory Burch sandals, making it match with my bag.

My phone vibrated as in on cue, "Im almost there, hope you're hungry" Austin texted.

"Very" I replied while grinning.

The honk of a car made me realize that Austin has arrived. I rushed downstairs, making my bracelets clink together.

I texted my mom that I was going out with Austin. "Have fun and be careful :)" mom texted back.

I ran towards the car and entered through the passengers door to take my seat besides Austin.

"Hello there, beautiful." he greeted.

"Hey, handsome." I replied with a smile. Then, pecked him on the cheek, making his grin grow wider.

"So... Where are we going?" I questioned. 

"Hmm... It's a surprise" he winked.

I gave him a sigh as response.

* * *

"Kylie... Kylie...?" I heard a gentle voice murmur in my ear. My eyes popped open to find Austin's face close to mine.

"Wha..." I trailed off because of how close we were. He stared directly into my eyes, making the hair in the back of my neck rise. Oh gosh... He's going to kiss me!

But my hopes vanished once he pulled away and said, "You fell asleep, Kyles".

"Oh..." I blushed. "Sorry..."

"It's okay." he chuckled.

I looked through the car's window to see that we are at the park, which was only 20 minutes away from home.

"Are you tired? 'Cause we can come another day and-"

"No! Austin, really. Im not tired at all! I don't even know why I fell asleep..." I said honestly.

"If you say so." he answered with a smirk.  

Austin took a basket from the back seat.

I widened my eyes at the realization of what we were going to do, "A picnic?!" I exclaimed happily.

"Yeah. I make the best peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the world." He replied with a grin.

"We'll see about that" I replied playfully.

* * * 

"Score!" Austin said while munching on the grape I just threw at him.

"Throw me another one, I'm liking this" he smirked. I giggled and threw him another grape, but it hit him in his forehead.

I laughed.

"You suck at throwing." he said with a shrug.

"No I don't! YOU suck at catching." I said while laughing.

"Don't you dare say that, Kylie Carter." he accused playfully.

"Say what? That you're the worst catcher in the world?!" I practically yelled.

"You're gonna pay!"

Austin tackled me, making him fall on top of me on the picnic blanket.

"C-cant br- breath!"

He pushed himself up with his strong arms, showing his prominent muscles. About an hour has passed and we were having a blast. 

He laid down next to me as we watched the sunset. I wish I could live in this moment forever...

Austin suddenly got closer and smiled, making my heart beat extremely fast. I felt my face grow really warm... I was blushing.

"You're so innocent, Kyles." he smirked.

"Wha- what?! No I'm not!" I said defensively.

"Trust me, you are." he smirked once more.  

"How are you so sure? You don't know a lot about me" I replied playfully.

Austin seemed deep into thought as he said softly, "True that, and you probably don't know that much about me either... But there's one thing I want you to know..."

He leaned forward to have our noses touching.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Is that a cliffhanger? :) . Hope you liked this chapter, it's so sweet. Remember to comment what you think about this chapter and vote! Do you think they are going to kiss? Hmm, we'll see. I'm updating tommorow, so wait for it. (On the side, you can see what Kylie wore to the picnic.)

~Gabby and Laura  x